Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convergent or Comcast?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Convergent or Comcast?

So I'm working on my next collection account which is a $250 Comcast final bill from a few years back.  On my reports it is showing Convergent as the CA.  Comcast is not reporting the debt, but Im not sure if Convergent owns or not.  Any suggestions on who I should be working with for a PFD?  Thanks!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Convergent or Comcast?

You first need to find out who owns it.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You first need to find out who owns it.

Thank you - how would I find this?  

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally would call the CA. Seeing Comcast is not reporting, I'm not sure if I would poke the stick at a sleeping bear.

If the CA says they own the debt offer a PFD. If the CA is only collecting but doesn't own the debt, well, that's up to you.

If you choose, you can call Comcast if they still own the debt and ask if they will pull it back from the CA and offer Comcast a PFD.

The CA will continue to report as long as they have collection authority.
Message 4 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A PFD goes only to a party who has reported to a CRA.

Regardless of who owns the debt, you can send a PFD to the reporting debt collector.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

Regardless of who owns the debt, you can send a PFD to the reporting debt collector.

Letter to Convergent it is!  Thanks Robert

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

This is true, not sure why I wrote ask Comcast for a PFD. That was stupid on my part.

OP, hopefully the CA owns the debt and does not tell you they are collecting for Comcast. You'll know they don't own the debt when/if they inform you "our client doesn't permit us to delete for payment".

Then you will be back at the drawing board asking Comcast to pull it back from the CA.

I would still find out who owns the debt first.

Convergent most likely will not do a PFD. I have had dealings with them in the paat.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright - so I feel like I am back at square one and not sure where to go.  

Contacted OC - was told CA owns debt

Sent PFD to CA - was told "Comcast does not allow us to delete" - so asked if they purchased was informed that (naturally) they have been contracted by Comcast

So now back to Comcast I suppose.... 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a different experience. Had Comcast in 2011 for Internet and defaulted on bill. Was sent to convergent. I needed to return to Comcast as my other internet provider was subpar. They told me I needed to pay the balance which did. I asked if they would retract the debt and they said sure. Convergent deleted from my credit reports about 30-45 days later. Maybe you need to speak to a supervisor? I think I've read that others have had PFD success so maybe ymmv
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright, so Convergent said the could not PFD.  

Comcast agreed to recall from the collection agency.  I specifically asked (in chat so it documented) for confirmation that the collection would not be reported to Convergent as paid, but the collection would be recalled from Convergent so they could not longer report and it would be deleted.  The agent confimirmed this.

This morning I got a notificaiton that the collection is now being reported as PAID. 

What can I do from here?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.