Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Core collections

tag
marketman
Established Member

Core collections

I wanted to know if anyone has run into a situation like this. I have an open account with Core Collections for a medical exam, I am trying to pay the the OC. 

But in my research I have found out the the OC is no longer in business. Is there anyway I can use this to my advantage. Can they still collect on this account? Would HIPPA come into play for this?

Thank you in advance, any and all advice would be very appriciated. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Core collections

If the OC is no longer in business, you would need to determine who is the heir to their assets, and thus your debt.

Does the debt collector now own the debt?

Message 2 of 6
marketman
Established Member

How would I go about to find that information out with out reaging the the debt, if that is the right term. 

Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You cannot reage a debt by making inquires.  Re-aging is changing the DoFD of the account.

If you mean restarting the suing SOL, just asking about it will not restart anything.

Message 4 of 6
marketman
Established Member

Thank you for your help.

Message 5 of 6
marketman
Established Member

So I have been trying to get a hold of some one at CA for the better part of two weeks, with no luck. this account is only reporting on my TU, and TU is my highest scorer right now at about 676 (2 months ago it was in the 500's.) 

I would only like to deal with it if I know I could get a PFD, this is my only open collection, would I better of just riding out the next 12 months for it to fall or keep on trying to reach the CA and risk waking a sleeping giant. 

Thanks. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.