Message 11 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Correct me if im wrong please....

@teamgray wrote:

@Shokk wrote:

@teamgray wrote:

@DaBears wrote:

That looks like a CA in bloomington, IL which i 3 hrs south of Chicago. +1 guiness thats why the OP had a score bump.

Last activity was 11/2006, does that mean it will drop off 12/2013 ?

That depends.  The max it can be is 7 years + 180 days.  Texas is 7 years, period, so it can vary.  Most everything is the 7 year mark.  A BK can of course stay for 10.

Im in California, so Im sure that if it shows in December, i should be able to contact them to remove it......i think my score will drop tho if its removed.....although its a negative account, its aged and actually helps my score....what are your thoughts

It is a CA so it should not be included in AAoA or anything like that.  If it is reporting in the account sections instead of the collections section, which sometimes happens, it is probably factoring in.

Even so, it is still a collection account and scored as one by FICO.  I would rather lose points when it is removed and have a clean report.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.