Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correcting errors and giving up

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Correcting errors and giving up

I think i should look further into this then. I was afraid to give any more info so they stop trying to collect from me. It seemed like a huge process and heard of people being turned down for loans because of the fraud listed.

Message 11 of 16
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think i should look further into this then. I was afraid to give any more info so they stop trying to collect from me. It seemed like a huge process and heard of people being turned down for loans because of the fraud listed.

NO. Once it's investigated, and deemed "not yours," it's struck from your CR's. Even if an OC/CA continues to report it to the CRA's, it's blocked by the CRA's directly, per 605(b).

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

that is great to know. I am going to have to take this route then. whatever is easiest and best!

Message 13 of 16
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Just a word of warning. Don't be lying about accounts that are yours....It's fraud on a Federal level once it's started.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 3 accounts that are not mine. One is a choose and charge card with seventh avenue, have no idea how to handle this one. they just keep staing its mine and the other is a mortgage with chase and the 3rd is chase dental credit. Clearly someone at chase is easy to fool. The mortgage is on my report from stating i paid in full never late for a 216,000 mortgage in 2 YEARS.I wish I can pay off a mortgage this quick!  I would love to keep the good standing credit on my report but feel it may hurt my chances of actually getting a real mortgage next year. I think they may look and be like hmmmm, how did you pay that off so quick?

the 3rd is dental credit which is with chase. i have had insurance for last 13 years so i would never have needed it! they wont budge either.

Message 15 of 16
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 3 accounts that are not mine. One is a choose and charge card with seventh avenue, have no idea how to handle this one. they just keep staing its mine and the other is a mortgage with chase and the 3rd is chase dental credit. Clearly someone at chase is easy to fool. The mortgage is on my report from stating i paid in full never late for a 216,000 mortgage in 2 YEARS.I wish I can pay off a mortgage this quick!  I would love to keep the good standing credit on my report but feel it may hurt my chances of actually getting a real mortgage next year. I think they may look and be like hmmmm, how did you pay that off so quick?

the 3rd is dental credit which is with chase. i have had insurance for last 13 years so i would never have needed it! they wont budge either.

If they're not yours, then you have to do the fraud report. No way around it.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.