Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could it be?????

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Could it be?????

I have been desperately trying to get three paid medicals deleted since March.  Repeated phone calls, letters, emails, faxes and asking the OC to recall several times and everyone refused.  ABsolutely, beyond a shadow of a doubt REFUSED.  I filed a BBB complaint because they updated the balance with 2 of the 3 CRA's but couldn't seem to update the 3rd CRA.  I got this in my email today in response to my BBB complaint!!!

Could it be??? Could it really be?!?!?!  Are they actually getting deleted!!!!  OH MY GOSH.  I flipped out a little bit! I can't believe it.  I'm in shock.  wow...

"Our records indicate we updated all 3 accounts with Trans Union, Equifax and Experian. In review of the complaint I am unable to determine which account and with which Credit Bureau failed to update. Accordingly, I am instructing all 3 agencies to delete record of all 3 accounts.

I trust this will resolve all issues"

This counts as 'in writing' right?  They can't back out?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Could it be?????

Congrats!

Persistance seems to be key.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 10
ptilda
Established Contributor

Amazing feeling, isn't it? They can do a lot of things, but probably won't. it doesn't benefit them in the long run. And keep the paper just in case.

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 3 of 10
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Can we assume that they will actually follow thru?

Message 4 of 10
alvon123
Super Contributor

CONGRATS

Message 5 of 10
Shellie
Valued Contributor

This was a HUGE victory for me.  Huge!  I have been trying with them since March.  No one would budge. At all! I had given up on getting them removed.  I filed the BBB complaint b/c they couldn't seem to get the updated balance to EX.  I threw the "delete from all 3 CRA's" in on a whim and never expected it to happen.  Now I will look forward to those coming off.  Should just take 30 days maybe?

Does anyone know what, if any, effect this will have on my scores?

Message 6 of 10
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Seems like myFICO forums are a little dead today.  Anyone else agree? 

Message 7 of 10
DrMac210
Regular Contributor

If they are deleted, it should cause some type of score bump.

How big a bump will depend on what else you have on your report, the age of the collections being deleted, etc etc.

Starting Score: EQ 641, TU ???, EX ??? (myfico 6/7/13)
Current Score: EQ 760, TU 740, EX 750 (myfico July 2015)
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Shellie wrote:

Seems like myFICO forums are a little dead today.  Anyone else agree? 

Yes, a bit slow lol.

I agree that they are deleting all three accounts and yes, in the event they were not deleted, you could use that.

Message 9 of 10
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I have

3 other medicals, unpaid

1 tax lien, unpaid

1 new collection, unpaid-this one was on there with a different CA and that one was deleted and a new company reported in Nov

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.