cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could someone help me ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Could someone help me ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@codefreak13 wrote:

Depends on where you are at actually. In Illinois the Release (Satisfaction) of Judgment states:

"IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that in accordance with 735 ILCS 5/12-183(h) Code or Civil Procedure that the judgment heretofore entered by the Court in the above entitled manner is hereby vacated and held for naught. IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the above entitled matter be the same and is hereby dismissed."

From what others have said on this site and legal forums, it can be as simple as taking the release itself to the court clerk and filing paper work (with some minor fees) and it will be completely vacated. I will be doing this with a judgment from 2007 on my report this Thursday in Will County, IL. Just wanted to point out that a vacate doesn't always require improper service, and state laws vary.

Very true.  But it does depend on whether or not a state allows for that.  Many do not.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.