Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could someone help me with this letter?

tag
lessonslearned
New Contributor

Could someone help me with this letter?

I sent a CA agency a PFD letter for a medical collection. They sent me a letter back asking that I sign a release so they can get the records to validate the claim. It's asking me to sign the letter and send it back. I'm not sure what happens if I don't sign the letter, but I planned on paying the debt in full. I tried to pay the OC but they can't find any record of it because they changed billing companies a couple of years ago. This debt is from 2010. I can forward the letter if that would help clarify anything.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Bleu
Contributor

Re: Could someone help me with this letter?

If they cant find the bill... dispute it. I personally wouldnt pay a red cent. Far as the CA dont sign anything until after you dispute it with the bureaus. Then go from there.,

Message 2 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@lessonslearned wrote:

I sent a CA agency a PFD letter for a medical collection. They sent me a letter back asking that I sign a release so they can get the records to validate the claim. It's asking me to sign the letter and send it back. I'm not sure what happens if I don't sign the letter, but I planned on paying the debt in full. I tried to pay the OC but they can't find any record of it because they changed billing companies a couple of years ago. This debt is from 2010. I can forward the letter if that would help clarify anything.

First of all, do not dispute it.  The verification process and validation process a 2 completely different things.  It can be verified with the CRA whether they validate it or not.

I would now send the a DV letter since they clearly state they cannot validate.

Message 3 of 5
lessonslearned
New Contributor

Guiness56, would you mind taking a look at the letter they sent me before I send my DV letter?

Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.