cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could use some advice on GW letter...or not?

tag
Credit_Ranger
Valued Member

Could use some advice on GW letter...or not?

I am considering whether or not to pursue trying to remove a couple old baddies via a GW attempt.

I have a great number of revolving accounts with perfect payment history.  My utilisation is around 20%.  I have a pretty short AAoA (3-4 years) due to 4 or 5 new accounts last year.  Scores seem to hover around 700 or above depending on utilisation.

The derogs in question are on an old Cap 1 and a Merrick bank card account, opened in 2005, closed by consumer after payment in 2007.  The Cap1 shows a 30 and 60 day late in 2006.  The Merrick account shows a 30 day late also in 2006.

My questions are:

What effect does a 5 year old 60 day have on my score with 20 more recent perfectly paid accounts?

Any hope of getting these accounts updated to "Paid Acct" or something that is not a derog via a GW letter?

Do closed accounts count in AAoA?  Is there another way that having these two closed accounts could hurt me if they are deleted?

Is it useless to send letters via the company's general address?  Should I try to get the specific name of someone INSIDE the company who can push the button?

Thank you in advance for your help.

CR

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.