Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could use some advice!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could use some advice!

Well my rebuilding of credit has gone fairly well. My new accounts and balances are hitting, so my scores are fluctuating a bit which is just one reason why I'll be in the garden for a while. 

However, as of today I recieved an alert from MF about a collection on my TU report. 

So I check on it, even ordered a fresh TU report and low and behold, BYL collection services for Total Gym. I checked my EX and EQ reports and have found nothing new other than my new CC's.

Quick backstory. Recieved a notice from BYL stating I owed them $570.00 for Total Gym late January. Willing to accept half to get rid of said collection by April 30th. Contacted TG immediately, was told that they do not report to the CRA's and BYL is their in house billing company.. and that BYL does not report anything either. Requested proof from TG, invoices and such as this account is showing paid off in my records as of April 2015. Waited a week, nothing. Called back, same person I spoke to before stated they were still in process of mailing it out. Confirmed again over the telephone they (both TG and BYL) would not be reporting anything to the CRA's. Waited another week, called back again... told the same thing. Fast forward to last week, recieved the paperwork finally from them. 

Well that paperwork, isn't even correct! It's for another customer! My name isn't even on it.. it pretty much shows all the customer's information including the last 4 of their CC. It's even a different customer number which obviously, doesn't match up with mine from the original notice. and it says PIF immediately. The paperwork is dated Feb 23rd.. and they just got it to me.. and it's not even correct... yes, I know I typed that already but it's just rediculous.

Contacted TG, the rep told me still they do not report and neither does BYL. She can't see my information, so she gave me the number to call BYL. Called them. Rep told me they reported as of March 7th to all CRA's. Explained the situation and that this account was PIF aaaages ago. She said she put in a request to remove the collection from all the CRA's. That she would be contacting her supervisor for all the problems (I gave her the customer information from what they sent me, after all.. it's incorrect, they've shown no proof) and would be getting in contact with me on Monday so I can get the proper invoices and such. 

I've already put in a dispute with TU and explained to the rep over the phone the reasoning for my dispute. I know the rep stated they removed the collections as of today from my CRA's but with all the bad information so far I don't trust it one bit. 

I'm really concerned about this spooking my new creditors. Honestly with waiting for proof from these guys and what they had told me over the phone I didn't think this could pose a problem. My home was broken into late 2014, so all of my banking accounts with proof in the history is all gone since for seurity, the accounts were all changed over. My bank has sent me some proof of the payments I made and I am showing I paid them in my written balance history, but if there is any discrepancy it may take another few weeks to get the information from my banks. (I don't mind for obvious reasons)

Does anyone have any suggestions for what my next action should be?
Should I send something in writing requesting verification?
Any ideas if they actually did remove these collections (for now since I'm disputing it she said) how long it would take?
Thanks so much all, really upset over this as because I waited for these guys to send the proper documents and it didn't seem to matter much. I still don't have proof and a huge negative hit on my TU. Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Could use some advice!

Just a quick correction. The rep at BYL will be contacting me sometime next week, not necessarily Monday; that's when she is speaking with her supervisor. Supposedly the proper documentation will be sent out this coming week. She's going to speak with the supervisor mainly about the wrong information being sent, as that's a breach of privacy/personal info.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump!

Anyone?? Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you have filed a formal dispute, then the FCRA requries that the CRA complete their reinvestigation within 30 days, and send you a formal Notice of Results of Reinvestigation within 5 days thereafter, which must, if they have deleted the collection include a copy of a revised credit report showing that they have made the deletion.

I would wait approx 40- 45 days from date of your dispute, and if you do not have the Notice of Results, contact the CRA.  A bit more time.......

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.