cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could you folks give my credit the once over and a diagnosis?

tag
jay1979

Could you folks give my credit the once over and a diagnosis?

First, thanks for this community and the great spirit it cultivates.

Okay, here goes:

TU: 598

Exp: 575

Equ: 554

On each report, I have 12 Collections listed. These are collections that built up while I was married. The bills were laregly neglected (to put it mildly) and when I checked my credit after separating, about 6 months ago, I was shocked. Regardless, all but one of the collections was for more than $150. I've knocked each of those out. The one for more than $150 was a bank debt for $900. I've paid that down to about $200. It, also, will be gone within the next 90 days. So, 11 of the 12 collections are completely paid off and the 12th is nearing pay off.

I've recently applied for an unsecured Visa credit card at a $500 limit with my local credit union (bless these people), and they accepted.

I did just find out that a debt against me has been filed as public record. A medical debt for $410. The collector is a law firm located in the city I live in. Should I try for a PFD or just pay it off? I can do either in short order. I never had any idea about the debt at all until this showed up on my credit. Can that and the willingness to pay in full, in one single installment help my cause for a PFD?

I essentially have 3 "open accounts." 2 from Aaron's (the only place I could make large purchaces) and the new credit card.

My credit history is listed at "3 years."

Outside of that, I have the "12 collections" sitting there, and now this public record. How long do paid off collections or PR's stay on your report?

That's my entire credit.

598, 575, 554. the first two have made encouraging jumps in the last month. TU from 560 (12/09/13) to 598 (01/06/2014) and EXP from 535 (12/09/13) to 575 (12/28/13). The Equifax actually dumped points going from 557 (12/21/13) to 554 (01/06/14) lol.

My goal is to get my credit to the point where I can finally own my own home. That's it. That's whe whole enchilada.

Thanks a ton for your time and consideration. May God bless you with your efforts tackle your finantial issues in 2014!

Jay

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Could you folks give my credit the once over and a diagnosis?

Welcome to the forum. Paid or unpaid, CAs remain on your CR's for up to 7-1/2 years from DOFD. I would write GW letters for the paid CAs and request a PFD for the new one. 

Congrats on your rebuild journey.  You have begun the process of re-establishing will removing your baddies. 

Good luck. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.