Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couple of Questions

tag
ktm214
Frequent Contributor

Couple of Questions

Hello Again.  I have a couple of questions.  First, how can a collection agency (Midlands) change or fabricate a DOFD?  Also, what are the odds of PFDing them? How about LHR collections?  Finally, with score watch, do I get notification only when my score changes or just every so often or, maybe never?  Oh, this is finally, can I only send a DV within the 30 day dunning period or, can I send one way after the 30 days?  I maybe would like to DV Midlands.  Thank You.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Couple of Questions

Hi ktm214,

I can help you with the score watch. If you look at the Score Watch Guide, its a sticky over on the myFICO Product Feedback board.

It's too much info to retype or paste here. Score watch is very confusing, so if you have questions about it, you can ask over on the other board.

Sorry i cant help with your other questions, but others will chime in soon.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Couple of Questions

Per changing DOFDs, no, CAs cannot change DOFD. In fact, nobody can change any DOFD, unless it was originally reporting incorrectly. How do you know it changed (it can happen)? Really the only way to tell is by looking at and seeing changes in the drop off dates listed in EX and TU, or by noticing a change in the DOFD listed on EQ. Other dates do and can change like DOLA, reported dates, date of last payment, etc.

Can't speak to the odds. But be sure to DV first before a PFD. Also search around for others' results. Seems like there was a spike in MCM activity with MCM giving up after a simple DV or PFD.

You can send a DV after your 30 days, but there's no legal backing behind the letter. The CA doesn't have to respond and can continue to collect. However, most will respond after receiving your letter.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.