Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couple of questions

tag
seruby
Frequent Contributor

Couple of questions

I just purchased my 3 credit reports from this site because I wanted to see what my actual scores are, since I plan on going for an auto loan in Nov.  Right now I'm sitting at 659(EQ), 625(TU), and 617 (EX).   I know one of the collections (LVNV) on the reports will drop soon per their BBB resolution, so that should increase.   I'm also trying to get Comcast to pull back the account they have in collection in exchange for payment.    So I'm now looking through the reports to see what else I find(I may need to order paper copies to see more detail), and I have questions on some of the TLs:

1)  Discover Card Tradeline - settled account for 50% with Discover with payments from 2/13 through 2/14.

on EQ it has a charge off date of 2/13, on EX it has a charge off date of 3/13 (shows 180+ days past due in 2/13), and on TU it shows Payment Status "okay" from 2/13 through 2/14.    

EQ and EX also report 17 lates, including reporting 90+ day lates lates from 2/13 through 2/14, which is after the charge off and while I was paying our settlement agreement.  TU only reports 4 9=+ day lates, with none being after the charge-off.    

It also reports as a Collection on EX, but as 120 days past due on EQ and TU.    

The status of the accounts on EQ and TU is "paid or paying as agreed", but have remarks indicating it was settled, and on EX the status is "Account legally paid in full for less than the full balance."

So for this TL my main question is: Is there anything worth disputing since everything seems to be a mess?  Can they report lates after they charge off the account?  Should I try to get the EX status changed to "Pays as agreed" if I can't get them to delete the entire line?

2)Remex Inc only reporting on EX, about a $200 medical collection.  I'm pretty sure this was handled back in 09 with the hospital, and I'm also sure I've disputed with the CA previously and they deleted the line.   I can't find any indication of that though, but here it is again.   My question for this TL is:  If I dispute it again and they delete, then put it back on my report, isn't that a violate of the FCRA or FDCPA?  I'll keep the documentation this time.   Does EX keep record of all previous disputes or no?

3)Judgement reporting on EX.   This was a summary judgement awarded in 2010,  despite my answering everything and providing documentation countering the CA's claims.  Afterward, with some help from the Office of the Comptroller, the OC sent a letter in 2011 stating the account wasn't mine, and the judgement was vacated.

How do I go about getting this removed?

After I get these issues resolved, about how big of a score change could I potentially see?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Couple of questions

First off, I'd get my reports directly from each CRA, as CMS can misinterpet data while generating their own "report version," and have a hiccup doing so.

...then compare the payment histories, and lates. Typically on a CO, you're going to see progression in age 90-150-180...

Message 2 of 4
seruby
Frequent Contributor

Yea it shows that progression on the discover card: 30 days late in May, then August 2012, 60 days late Sept 2013, 90+ days late Oct 2012 through Feb 2014.  but it has a charge off date of Mar 2013.    So from March 2013 through Feb 2014, it's showing that it was reported late every month, when it was in charge off.

Message 3 of 4
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Means they're still updating the account monthly. It's gonna hurt as long as it's there.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.