Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Court Judgements removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Court Judgements removal

I just disputed a judgement tht was missing my DOB and SS, EQ removed it in 5 business days, TU is still working on it, and EX I still have to call in to dispute it.  My EQ jumped from 684 to 774...happy days.

[URL=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/peligro113/media/Share%20public/credit_zpscenpmxys.png.html][...

The statement I sent the CRA's.

I am requesting the removal of judgment case XXXXXX on my credit report due to James Jenkins, et al. v. Equifax Information Services LLC.  I do not know where this judgment may have originally been identified and the judgment is missing information such as date of birth or social security number that would identify this judgment as mine. 

Message 11 of 27
chubbs3
New Contributor

A 90 point jump on EQ, really? I just got a judgement vacated, TU removed it immediately, Experian is working on it and EQ wants a demand letter with proof of the vacated judgement (none of their online dispute mechanisms would accept the attachment). A big bump would be nice.

Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chubbs, when the judgement was on my EQ it would not change from 684 no matter what I did.  The judgement was the only ding on my CR.  My TU and EX have gone up with the judgement on my CR.  The amount EQ went up is the same amount it went down when the judgement was added to my CR.

Message 13 of 27
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

This might be a crazy question, but how can you tell when a judgement lists your DOB and SSN ...does it appear on the credit report?

Message 14 of 27
SummerOf17
Regular Contributor

I would like to know this as well. Kind of in a same situation at this point.

Message 15 of 27
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You simply review the information as posted in whatever public record is involved.

In the case of a civil judgment, the public record is the posting by the court.

Contact the office of the clerk of the judgment court and request a copy, or visit the court.

Message 16 of 27
KayKay4Se7en

I disputed a judgement for my wife and it was removed same day. Unbelieveable speed.

Message 17 of 27
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Does anyone know if updates / removals will automatically happen after July 1 or if one has to dispute in order to obtain a removal? I have a few paid and a few unpaid so Im concerned that they will not remove mine. When looking at my court records they do not list my DOB..but my wages were garnished in the past for them so I assume they have something
Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kay did you call? Or send a letter.
Message 19 of 27
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

@Chrisla2077,

You have to pull your judgement records from the clerk of circuit court where it was filed. After reading this post I pulled mine online because there are some documents viewable, I noticed that my SSN is masked in the final judgement (so it is not viewable) and it does not include my DOB. So now I'm curious if this is sufficient for it to remain on my credit file? The judgement is actually satisfied/paid. I just hope to have it deleted with this new update in July.

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.