Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cox Communications Response to a DV, need help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cox Communications Response to a DV, need help

I sent the CA a DV letter and they sent me a response with the the original collector (Cox Communications) information and address. They attached some preety vague print outs of the  collection amount and a payment history. (the balance is $0). The letter they sent me ask me to provide them information within 30 days if I was disputing it or they would deam the account valid.

What is my next step? Did they send me enough information to validate the account? I have read various different information on what they need to provide to validate in California.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cox Communications Response to a DV, need help

Never give a CA any info!!!!  By law they must prove that you owe them.

Mail them a letter that you have received their letter stating that you do not and have never owed this debt. If this is not deleted, within 15 days, from all credit reporting agencies that you will use all legal remendies at your desposal in order to have it corrected.

Do not sign your name. Just type it   Mail it CMRRR

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cox Communications Response to a DV, need help

They did give me the Original Collectors info ( Cox Communication), vague document with a payment history and  collection amount.

Does this validate the account?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.