cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CrapOne keeps updating my CR with the CO!

tag
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

CrapOne keeps updating my CR with the CO!

Okay so I am in a battle with CrapOne about the 2 Charge Off's I have had with them... I have sent numerous GW and PFD but to no avail... NOTHING! Each month on BOTH accounts they keep reporting my card as a CO... 2 Questions...

1. Each month they report this is it hurting my score?
2. Anyway I can make them stop reporting it each month???

I hate dealing with them... Any other idea's on the best way to handel this credit wise?

Thanks!
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CrapOne keeps updating my CR with the CO!

They have the right to update every month..there is nothing you can do about that...
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 plays hardball, rarely does anyone get anything removed from cap1, they never accept PFD, even if its outside SOL and even if its about to fall off!!  They will also let the amount owed balloon 5000% and sue your pants off.  Best thing to do is just pay them.

Message Edited by fender on 05-13-2008 06:17 PM
Message 3 of 13
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I have already settled with them, and the accounts are listed as "closed/paid legally settled for less than full balance" From what I understand they can no longer sue me, nor tack on interest. Basically, from where I see it, the ball is in their court, they can get more money for me if they want it, they just need to do what I want with it. What others have said on this board is that it won't bump my FICO scores up any by PIF compared to a settlement, so I can keep my money and the CO's, or they can change it to paid in full or even reopen the account removing the CO's and get an extra $2K... Their Choice!  who knows what they will do... Let's hope it is the latter!

Thanks all for your advice! Any further tips on manipulating CrapOne is much appreciated!

Bridget
01/2012-EQ 512

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

bridgetkaryn wrote:
Hi,

I have already settled with them, and the accounts are listed as "closed/paid legally settled for less than full balance" From what I understand they can no longer sue me, nor tack on interest. Basically, from where I see it, the ball is in their court, they can get more money for me if they want it, they just need to do what I want with it. What others have said on this board is that it won't bump my FICO scores up any by PIF compared to a settlement, so I can keep my money and the CO's, or they can change it to paid in full or even reopen the account removing the CO's and get an extra $2K... Their Choice!  who knows what they will do... Let's hope it is the latter!

Thanks all for your advice! Any further tips on manipulating CrapOne is much appreciated!

Bridget

Once it is a CO,,,,it doesn't matter if settled for less or PIF  scores will not change. You need it OFF your CR!
Message 5 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I don't think CapOne's add of a CO listing every month is hurting at all. DW had a CapOne CO that did that monthly but her scores never took a hit.

It could be hurting your utilization, though, if reporting a balance at all. You might want to recheck your utilization as compared to EQ or TU FICO reports.
Message 6 of 13
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Where do I check my utilization? I have always just been calculating it my self... Is there a place in MYFico report to check it?
01/2012-EQ 512

Message 7 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

bridgetkaryn wrote:
Where do I check my utilization? I have always just been calculating it my self... Is there a place in MYFico report to check it?

Sometimes, from what I understand (always for me anyway), there is on page 2 or 3 of the TU or EQ MyFICO report good and bad indicators. It may say or reference your utilization. If the percentage is low, it could be in the good, high, then bad. If there are other factors that outweigh utilization, positive or negative, it may not be on there. You can also look in old reports and you could use those, if utilization is a factor, to calculate what TU or EQ is using.
Message 8 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

And to add....don't use your self-calculated balances, but use the balances listed on each of your accounts in the MyFICO report.
Message 9 of 13
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Thanks... I found it... mY utl is at 3% on TU and 5% on EQ or EX i don't remember Smiley Very Happy

01/2012-EQ 512

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.