Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CrapOne; re-aged account

tag
onthemove
Contributor

CrapOne; re-aged account

Capital One re-aged my account from 2002. I have all my records. The way I found out was from BofA.
They cut my CC from $4500 to $2600. At the time, I have $2434 on the card and traveling for the holidays. The bad thing about this, I going to be returning to school
later this month and need to take out private loans. I remember hearing about CapOne doing things like this.
I think it was in The WSJ. Does anyone recall this?What is the law/statute that keeps Cap/One from doing this of this nature?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CrapOne; re-aged account

Can you explain what you mean by "re-aged".

What date is 2002? Date open? DOFD? DOLA?

Re-aged refers to changing the DOFD.

Message 2 of 6
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Is it just me or is this page showing up extremely screwed up and wide?

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 3 of 6
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Smiley Happy

Its not you.   Perhaps                         something                                 the                 OP                    said?

Message Edited by nothingman02 on 04-12-2009 03:34 PM
Message 4 of 6
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Thanks, because I looked and the page is so much wider than the rest of its parts and its like formatted all crazy.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 5 of 6
Cinnnamon
New Contributor

If you never made any more payments since your last missed payment date than it would stayed on for 7 years. But once you make a payments again, the 7 years can restart again from that date you paid. So it's wise to not pay again unless you want to keep you account good or other financial circumstances led you to fall behind.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.