Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Abuse Anonymous: "Hello, I am Marco & I am a Creditaholic"

tag
MMart078
Regular Contributor

Credit Abuse Anonymous: "Hello, I am Marco & I am a Creditaholic"

I have a serious addiction to credit card applications, it is just such a euphoric feeling of being approved, and once Ive been denied it makes me what to go apply more, Right now I am up to 9 Inquires of my credit report. The thing is I do not have a problem with racking up debt, and I am very mictulous about money management I use less than 1000 of my available credit and PIF.

Anybody else have thing problem!?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Abuse Anonymous: "Hello, I am Marco & I am a Creditaholic"

Step away from the computer......step away from the credit application submit button. Now turn the computer OFF!!!

Hope that helps.

Message 2 of 6
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@MMart078 wrote:

I have a serious addiction to credit card applications, it is just such a euphoric feeling of being approved, and once Ive been denied it makes me what to go apply more, Right now I am up to 9 Inquires of my credit report. The thing is I do not have a problem with racking up debt, and I am very mictulous about money management I use less than 1000 of my available credit and PIF.

Anybody else have thing problem!?

No...I like to keep my powder dry so that my chances are better when something comes along that I really want.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

freeze your reports Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The first step is admitting that you HAVE a problem! 
Message 5 of 6
FICOMari
Regular Contributor

Yes Marco,  I am in the same situation. It's especially hard when I get the pre-approved applications in the mail.  I currently have 10 inquiries as well, one is unauthorized and one is going to fall off next month.  I just have to remember I have a "healthy" Fico score and I need to maintain it.  I automatically shred the pre-approved apps so I am not tempted to app later on. 
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.