Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Acceptance Corporation Repo

tag
Loques
Regular Contributor

Credit Acceptance Corporation Repo

Has anyone dealt with Credit Acceptance Corporation when it comes to a reposession with a balance? My SO had a joint auto account with a family member who defaulted and hid the vehicle from the reposession people. We are trying to figure out the best way to approach this.

Joint Account

Date Opened: 3/2013

DOFD: 12/2013

Reposession: 8/2014

Balance (after repo sale): $6831

Thanks for any advice!

Current Score (11/2020): EQ: 753 | TU: 731 | EX: 749---Starting Score (3/2010): EQ: 522 | TU: 525 | EX: 520---Goal: All 3 FICO 800+
--------------------
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit Acceptance Corporation Repo

I assume the "hidden" part refers to "tried to hide" and is no longer relevant, other than possibly souring the credtior in acceptance of any good will reductions ?

Is her/she accepting the balance as properly reconciled after sale of the vehicle?

Is the primary goal to settle for less, or to get credit report deletion of the reporting of the repo?

What, if any, offers to pay have been made?

Message 2 of 3
Loques
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Acceptance Corporation Repo

@RobertEG wrote:

I assume the "hidden" part refers to "tried to hide" and is no longer relevant, other than possibly souring the credtior in acceptance of any good will reductions ?

Is her/she accepting the balance as properly reconciled after sale of the vehicle?

Is the primary goal to settle for less, or to get credit report deletion of the reporting of the repo?

What, if any, offers to pay have been made?

Yes, "tried to hide" would be a more accurate statement now. Smiley Happy They are accepting the balance of account as is after the sale of the vehicle. The primary goal is moreso for credit report deletion than for settling for less. I am just not sure how much Credit Acceptance Corporation is willing to work with people.

As of now, no offers have been made. We have sort of had a "let's not wake the sleeping dragon" attitude toward this until we can figure out the best way to go about dealing with this.

Current Score (11/2020): EQ: 753 | TU: 731 | EX: 749---Starting Score (3/2010): EQ: 522 | TU: 525 | EX: 520---Goal: All 3 FICO 800+
--------------------
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.