Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Builder Loans

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Builder Loans

If you don't pay for delete (PFD), they will update as paid. While this is good, the updated collection will drag your score down.

That may take some time. Just a heads up (having been through this myself).
Signature needs updating
Message 51 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recommend getting the other secured card. Many banks such as credit one bank and premier one bank will let you obtain a secured card. If you have a spouse or partner, you can always become an authorized user on their credit card to count as an additional account in good standing for you. This worked for me and my score went from 535 to 580 in 3 months
Message 52 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

happygal, were you able by chance to verify if Securityplus FCU reports to all 3 credit bureaus? I'm interested in opening an account with them for this option too. My current credit union only offers shared secured loan/credit card which I was going to do but it is a HP and they only report to EX and TU.

Thanks and good luck. Smiley Happy

Message 53 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi pantherlady,

Afraid Securityplus has been a big bust for me. Took them three weeks, almost 4, to even look at my application and when they finally did they turned me down. Never bothered to see that I'd gotten a membership with the American Consumer Council that automatically allowed me membership. Took the $5.00 out of my account right on the day I applied though. I wrote back about the ACC membership but have not heard back and it has been over a week. Very slow those people. So that is where I stand...not a good impression from the start.

I'll give them some more time, then ask for my money back and move on.

I've no idea about the credit reporting since I haven't even gotten in the door yet and probably won't. Sorry I couldn't give you better news.

happygal

Message 54 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try SDFCU, they were very quick with me and ACC membership qualifies you.

Message 55 of 76
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi pantherlady,

Afraid Securityplus has been a big bust for me. Took them three weeks, almost 4, to even look at my application and when they finally did they turned me down. Never bothered to see that I'd gotten a membership with the American Consumer Council that automatically allowed me membership. Took the $5.00 out of my account right on the day I applied though. I wrote back about the ACC membership but have not heard back and it has been over a week. Very slow those people. So that is where I stand...not a good impression from the start.

I'll give them some more time, then ask for my money back and move on.

I've no idea about the credit reporting since I haven't even gotten in the door yet and probably won't. Sorry I couldn't give you better news.

happygal

ACC answered my email immediately when I had an issue with their website. 

Also I got a secured card from SDFC and was approved in just a few days after opening my account. 

I should see my card by the end of this week if not early next week.

No problems with SDFC, even applied for a car loan, we'll see in a next few days.

Message 56 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

ACC has been a bust for me too. Paid for a lifetime membership, wrote to ask if I could dump SecurityPlus and go with SDFCU and never heard back. Been busy with other things and have not pursued any further.

However, I did get that one negative taken off that would have fallen off anyway in March 2015 by Transunion so am now waiting to see how it affects my TU FICO here on the 10th. Has already made my Credit Karma and Cap One scores go from 631 to 671. TU FICO is 591 and if it also goes up 40 I'll have a 631 with them. Fingers crossed.

Mortgage guy also flaked out on me so am now going to apply directly with USDA and see if they approve me.

Will post what happens when it does. Smiley Happy 

Message 57 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply above, happygal.

I don't believe your membership with ACC has anything to do with which credit union you wish to bank at so you should be ok there.

I did try applying online with Securityplus but I think I failed one of the security questions (these things ALWAYS ask me about mortgage's etc. that I've never had so I usually do fail online verifications) but the denial popup I received said to contact Chexsystems. I know for a fact that my Chexsystems report is clean because I was denied an account with SDFCU in November. I ordered a report thinking that was the issue, it wasn't as my report is clean. There is not anything on it other than an inquiry in January from Ally Bank (I have two accounts with them). Now I have an inquiry for SDFCU and most likely Eagle Community Credit Union (I have two accounts with them now too).

Anyway, I called Securityplus to find out what was going on since I know my Chexsystems report is clean. The woman said the only person that can tell is the superisor/manager but she wasn't answering her line at the time. She took my name and number and said she'd call me back after she spoke with this other person. She called about 15 minutes later and said they didn't show in their system I'd even applied and suggested I mail in the application. I'm supposed to include a copy of my driver's license, another form of id such as ss card or utility bill and a copy of the ACC certificate since that's my membership eligibility. Oh, I'm also supposed to include the $5 for savings. I'm going to send all this in with a handwritten note explaining the inquiries just in case that was the trigger to "deny" me online. We'll see. Smiley Happy

For the record, I still don't know why I was denied with SDFCU other than I'm "welcome to come in person to join". Considering I'm in SoCal, I'm not booking a flight to do so!

Message 58 of 76
TigerRed
Contributor

You should still be fine to join another credit union. I don't think there are limitations. As long as you meet requirements to become a member. I don't think this is something you need ACC to approve.
Message 59 of 76
TigerRed
Contributor

@thepanttherlady wrote:

Thank you for the reply above, happygal.

I don't believe your membership with ACC has anything to do with which credit union you wish to bank at so you should be ok there.

I did try applying online with Securityplus but I think I failed one of the security questions (these things ALWAYS ask me about mortgage's etc. that I've never had so I usually do fail online verifications) but the denial popup I received said to contact Chexsystems. I know for a fact that my Chexsystems report is clean because I was denied an account with SDFCU in November. I ordered a report thinking that was the issue, it wasn't as my report is clean. There is not anything on it other than an inquiry in January from Ally Bank (I have two accounts with them). Now I have an inquiry for SDFCU and most likely Eagle Community Credit Union (I have two accounts with them now too).

Anyway, I called Securityplus to find out what was going on since I know my Chexsystems report is clean. The woman said the only person that can tell is the superisor/manager but she wasn't answering her line at the time. She took my name and number and said she'd call me back after she spoke with this other person. She called about 15 minutes later and said they didn't show in their system I'd even applied and suggested I mail in the application. I'm supposed to include a copy of my driver's license, another form of id such as ss card or utility bill and a copy of the ACC certificate since that's my membership eligibility. Oh, I'm also supposed to include the $5 for savings. I'm going to send all this in with a handwritten note explaining the inquiries just in case that was the trigger to "deny" me online. We'll see. Smiley Happy

For the record, I still don't know why I was denied with SDFCU other than I'm "welcome to come in person to join". Considering I'm in SoCal, I'm not booking a flight to do so!

How did you apply online with SDFCU if you don't mind me asking? Online or over the phone?

Message 60 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.