Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Burea deleted a good INQUIRIES and they shouldn't have

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Burea deleted a good INQUIRIES and they shouldn't have

I called trans union to dispute a inquiry which was kay store credit card and a chase credit card before hanging up the informed me it may take about 30 days to dispute it. Well soon after hanging up the phone i realized i did apply for a kays store card that i didn't activate and i remembered i also had a chase card that had been closed. Well i called trans union back and told them i made a mistake and wanted to cancel my dispute with the credit card agencies. Trans union informed me that i can't do cancel by phone it must be in writting. So the next day i faxed them a detailed letter why i wanted them to cancel the dispute. I faxed them all information needed. Well a week later Trans union sends me a letter stating the two challenges kays credit card and Chase credit card has been removed from credit report. I called Trans Union and explain to them that was a mistake that I have faxed information stating that I was responsible for the accounts and they said they can not help me put those two inquries back on my credit report once it has been removed. I even tried to call the department stores Kays and Chase so they can report my account back to the credit agencies but they said they cannot do that once the account has been challenged and deleted. I worked really hard to get my credit score where it was sitting at 780 and now it has dropped 16 points because of what Trans union did. Those two INQUIRIES really helped my credit score but now that they have been removed my credit score drop 16 points.

Can you please help me? I feel like it isn't my fault because I did what TransUnion asked me to do and they still deleted those entries from my credit report.(Mod Cut-Please do not post personal info in the public forums)

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Burea deleted a good INQUIRIES and they shouldn't have

Welcome to the forums. Please remove your email.

Removing inquiries would not cause a score drop. Removing accounts would. Not much to do over the weekend.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 3
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Burea deleted a good INQUIRIES and they shouldn't have

+1

Having inquiries added lowers your score, whereas when removed your score should rise. Your score should never go down when inquiries are removed, I would say something else has changed in your credit file.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.