Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Bureau has my siblings on my report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Bureau has my siblings on my report

Hello,

I was hoping someone can help me out. I tried to get a car this weekend and their credit report had me as a 97 score and had credit accounts that werent even mines on there.

I checked my credit report using this website, and I used my name and SSN, but my report shows my sister's name and her birthdate and her SSN. I see all her accounts and my other sister's accounts too. I only have 1 credit card and it shows up there too.

My 2 sisters and I have the same first name and last name and our SSN is off by 2 digits at the last 2 digits. The second part of our first names are different.  Mines is 68, theirs is 70 and 72. Why is it that the CB have her name and her information on my credit report? Can't they see we have different middle names and SSN and birthdates ?

What is the absolute best way to dispute and prove to them that I am not my sisters? Any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Coreyswife4ever
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Bureau has my siblings on my report

You and your sisters have the first and last name for real? 

This happened to me.  They had my cousin's accounts and social security number listed on my credit report as well as my son's social and he's only 16.  When I called the companies that he had accounts with they told me that it's not them listing his accounts on my credit report it's the credit bureaus.  So I called all three credit bureaus and they went over all of my personal information with me and also verified that his name, social and accounts were listed on my report.  So they deleted it

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Bureau has my siblings on my report

Yes we have the same first name, and last name from our father of course. Our middle names are different. You can find this pretty commonly with chinese names. I don't think I should call them, I think having it in writing is the best way to go, so I can have a paper trail. I don't know if a simple dispute letter would suffice though.

Also does anyone know if I should dispute all accounts that belong to my sisters? They have like 4 bad accounts but like 20 good ones including mortgages and such.

Advice anyone?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.