Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Bureau reporting dates

tag
solstice00
Regular Contributor

Credit Bureau reporting dates

I have been trying to collect more information on the dates when each of my credit cards report to the Bureaus.

It seems CreditKarma has that information(ofcourse the dates may vary by ±2 days for Experian and Equifax). 

For this to work efficiently, you must update CK atleast once a day. If you update once a week, that will work as well but you might not not be narrow it down to the exact date.

Simply go to My Account in CK and click Balance History.

Follow the information below the graph and look backwards to see the date of the month when that balance was updated(that is a different balance amount. 0's will not work).

From there I guessed that the day the balance was reported would probably be 1-2 days behind that date.

Correct me if i am wrong.

( Again if you have 0 balances for the past 2-3 months then it might be difficult to get an exact date)

Or, you can just Call them! Lol Smiley Happy

"Its your AAoA, Sir. It seems, Sir, that it is so short that i dont think it would hurt for it to get a little shorter"
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
chevyman
Contributor

Re: Credit Bureau reporting dates

Most report the beginning of the month for prior month
Message 2 of 5
solstice00
Regular Contributor

Discover reports mine around 14-15th every month.

Ofcourse they also accede to off-cycle banks.

US bank reports 5-6th every month.

"Its your AAoA, Sir. It seems, Sir, that it is so short that i dont think it would hurt for it to get a little shorter"
Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@solstice00 wrote:

I have been trying to collect more information on the dates when each of my credit cards report to the Bureaus.

It seems CreditKarma has that information(ofcourse the dates may vary by ±2 days for Experian and Equifax). 

For this to work efficiently, you must update CK atleast once a day. If you update once a week, that will work as well but you might not not be narrow it down to the exact date.

Simply go to My Account in CK and click Balance History.

Follow the information below the graph and look backwards to see the date of the month when that balance was updated(that is a different balance amount. 0's will not work).

From there I guessed that the day the balance was reported would probably be 1-2 days behind that date.

Correct me if i am wrong.

( Again if you have 0 balances for the past 2-3 months then it might be difficult to get an exact date)

Or, you can just Call them! Lol Smiley Happy

Yes.  I would feel safer asking the CCC when they report than try to figure it out lol.

Message 4 of 5
Zenophobe

I just talked to a Discover representative and was told the reporting date is the statement closing date.  Mine is the 24th of each month and my payment due date is the 19th.  I made the mistake of paying of the full balance on the due date but then I made some new purchases on the 22nd and that balance got reported.  Luckily it was a small purchase and didn't affect my credit utilization percentage enough to make me lose any points but since I am planning on purchasing a car this month I would have been [unhappy] if I had to wait another month because of my goof.  Going to make sure I'm on top of things from here on out.

Yes I'm new here... just checked the posting guidelines.  Guess where the edit is Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.