cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Bureaus will not remove vacated judgement?

tag
rons335
New Visitor

Credit Bureaus will not remove vacated judgement?

Hey guys so i managed ( with the help of my attorney ) to get my judgement vacated. I got it vacated back in October. It is filed with the courts i even called them to verbally hear it was vacated and they verified to me it was. I disputed the items on my credit report , EFX said they cant delete cause it has been verified, TU same thing, still waiting to hear from XPN. What am i doing wrong?? How do they verify this? if its so easy for me to make a 2 min phone to call why cant they do the same? what other options do i have? am i doing something wrong?

also i will be going to the court to get a certified copy of the vacated judgement, once i do this , how do i send it? thanks for all the help guys !!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
titanofold
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Bureaus will not remove vacated judgement?

You'll want to get copies to send to each credit bureau. You'll have to dispute the item the old fashioned way: by snail mail.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 2 of 5
rons335
New Visitor

so i never done that before, how does it work i just mail them the letter? do i need to mail them a copy of my credit report also?

Message 3 of 5
SoopremeBeing
Established Member

You'll want to send a package to each credit bureau via Certified Mail. Be sure to have copies on your current credit report and make copies of that updated court paperwork. Like the other poster stated, you'll have to do this the old-fashioned way, unfortunately. If I remember correctly, they have 30 days to update the information.

Also, be sure to double check the dispute process for each credit bureau, just to verify the information they'll need since you are disputing by mail.

Starting Score: TU-488/EQ-307/EX-467
CapitalOne Platinum - $300

Operation CleanUp: No inquires for 1 year/Obtain secured CC in December 2015

Message 4 of 5
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

My judgement was just vacated on Friday. I sent a letter with a copy of the court case information: case dismissed-judgement vacated. Soooooo, I hope that is enough, if not, I will be adding the CR to the package as PP suggests. Smiley Sad  Mine are only on TU and EQ...

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.