cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Late Payment history - Help

tag
Chell3719

Credit Card Late Payment history - Help

I am working to get my credit back up to around 800, I am at 747 now.  Even with this USAA says that they will not refinance my vehicle.  They are my insurance and cc holder.  Amazing.  I looked back at my history and what is hurting me is (recent credit lines from last summer 2009) and  3  - 30 day late payments from over the last 5 years.  One from May 2005, one from March 2007 and one from March 2008.  Two of those accounts are closed and all of them I have had since 2002 or earlier.  With only the one 30 day missed payment. 

How long do these 30 day late payments stay with you and when do they stop affecting your credit?   I am looking at switching insurance companies and getting the car into my own name and now I am worried to do that as each time they query my account it affects my credit. 

Ideas???? Thanks,

Chell 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card Late Payment history - Help

Try gw for the late pymnts, crtp for lates is 7-7.5 yrs, less affect on score the older they get.
Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Card Late Payment history - Help

@Chell3719 wrote:

I am working to get my credit back up to around 800, I am at 747 now.  Even with this USAA says that they will not refinance my vehicle.  They are my insurance and cc holder.  Amazing.  I looked back at my history and what is hurting me is (recent credit lines from last summer 2009) and  3  - 30 day late payments from over the last 5 years.  One from May 2005, one from March 2007 and one from March 2008.  Two of those accounts are closed and all of them I have had since 2002 or earlier.  With only the one 30 day missed payment. 

How long do these 30 day late payments stay with you and when do they stop affecting your credit?   I am looking at switching insurance companies and getting the car into my own name and now I am worried to do that as each time they query my account it affects my credit. 

Ideas???? Thanks,

Chell 

Monthly delinquencies under an OC account drop at 7 years from their individual date of delinquency. The date of first delinquency (DOFD) has nothing to do with these drop-off dates. They drop from their own individual dates. So look at each prior OC reported monthly derog date, and simply add 7 years.

From a BK years ago to:
7/09 TU-742 EQ- 779
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.