Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Reporting Dates

tag
Sobo
New Contributor

Credit Card Reporting Dates

Does anyone know when Wells Fargo/Visa reports credit card balances? Is it the statement close date? Also, Capital One?

I would just like to know when to expect a possible change. I plan on making a substantial payment next week. Right now, the CC has 102% utilization (this is the joint card with my mother....that isn't me being responsible.

What should be my first UTL goal? Under 70%? Clearly, I know I want it under 10%....but it will take me some time to get there.

5/17/13 Starting 627
Current Score 776
Goal 800
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RTOrockstar
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit Card Reporting Dates

Cap One's statement date is usually about 3 days after your due date.
Message 2 of 5
Shellie
Valued Contributor

My due date for CapOne is on the 20th and I have yet to see my new, lower balance report.  I called CapOne last week and they told me apx 7 days after the due date.  I still haven't seen mine show any new info.  Good Luck

Message 3 of 5
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

My Cap1' s report on statement date (not due date) show up on CRs 2-3 days later.
Message 4 of 5
RTOrockstar
Frequent Contributor

@Shellie wrote:

My due date for CapOne is on the 20th and I have yet to see my new, lower balance report.  I called CapOne last week and they told me apx 7 days after the due date.  I still haven't seen mine show any new info.  Good Luck

My due date is the 9th, statement cuts on the 12th and reports to the bureaus. 3 days.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.