Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Second Chance

tag
thunderxls
Valued Member

Credit Card Second Chance

Back in 2006 I had an AMEX Green card that I stupidly let charge off for $500.  2 years later I was able to take care of the balance.  Upon paying I was offered the AMEX Optima card, no credit check, just fill out the app and send it in, and low and behold I got a Amex Optima card in the mail 4 weeks later, it was an awesome program and AMEX now has a customer for life.

My questions is, has anybody had luck with other creditors having a second chance program like this?  I used to have 2 secured cards (BOA and Wells) that converted over to unsecured that I had to let go (charge off), has anybody had luck negotiating paying the balance on the old accounts and them automatically approve you for a new unsecure/secured card without external credit check?  I have three accounts like this BOA, Discover Card and Wells Fargo that have both turned me down due to "Past and/or Previous accounts".

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.