Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Settlement

tag
ScoreBooster
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit Card Settlement

@llecs wrote:

OP, if concerned about how it reports, pull your CRs directly from the CRAs first. It won't report like that. The status on your FICO reports refers that the account, at some point in time in the past, reported 120 day late(s), which is true.

I'm not so sure about that. Right now, I'm looking at my TU-report. I have such an account as well and while all other accounts that were sold or charged off correctly report "Payment After Charge Off/Collection", that account indeed reports a Pay Status of "120 days past due".

So it is obviously not an error due to wrong data-reading of the FICO-system.

As discussed in the other thread, the "current status" shall not be used to provide information about the account-status "at some point". Let's say I have an open account and am 30 days late in one month but am current again the next month. Based on what you said, it would mean that myfico would or could always report a current status of "30 days late" just because that was accurate "at some point in time".

That doesn't make much sense and if that's true, what is the purpose of the reporting of a payment-history? There wouldn't be any difference between that and the "current"-status...Smiley Indifferent

Message 11 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Card Settlement

@ScoreBooster wrote:

As discussed in the other thread, the "current status" shall not be used to provide information about the account-status "at some point". Let's say I have an open account and am 30 days late in one month but am current again the next month. Based on what you said, it would mean that myfico would or could always report a current status of "30 days late" just because that was accurate "at some point in time".

That's been my experience. In your example, if the 30 day is removed, then the status would update to "paid as agreed". If OP pulled his/her report from the CRA(s), 120(s) should be showing.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.