Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Suggestions??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card Suggestions??

I was wondering what other card I should add to my list OR If I need to add another at all? I have some pre-approved options below.

Current scores: 582 TU 580 EQ 576 EX

Current cards

Credit One - $450 Limit

Merrick Bank - $750 Limit

Selflender Loan- $1100

Pre-approvals

Fingerhut- $600 Limit

Overstock- Pre-approved through SCT

BK 7 Discharged 10/16 Burned Chase, CapOne, Discover, Barclay

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Card Suggestions??

Was this a Chapter 7 or 13 discharge?  If you're going to get a store card, get one that will be useful to you.  I would add one more just so you have 3 revolving accounts and then garden for awhile until you can start applying for better cards.  Was Cap 1 a charge off prior to the Bk?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chapter 7. It was not a charge off prior to BK

Message 3 of 8
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

They'll only blacklist you for 1 year usually.  Have you read the thread about Bk friendly cc's?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been searching for one but I cant seem to find anything recent. Would you have a link?

I appreicate your help with this!

Message 5 of 8
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you are 100% commited to gardening for 9-12 months; then i would go for whatever doesnt hard pull.  Funny thing is, i have a 2000 charge off with Fingerhut and i was told yesterday i was pre-approved for 400. lol,  I also burned Cap One ( orchard bacnk ) with 2 CC and i was able to get a Cap 1 Plat about 1 month ago..   Good luck on your building.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured gardening for a year after this would be ideal.

Im wondering if I should follow through with overstock? Im not seeing any other unsecured card that would be better, any ideas?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.