Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card suggestions?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card suggestions?

My husband needs to get his 2nd and 3rd revolving credit lines established.  We're wondering what to go for.

He has a C1 Platinum.  I'm wondering about something with some kind of rewards.

For myself, I have a C1 Platinum and a C1 Quicksilver.

Should I apply for the Quicksilver for him too?  Or should I diversify?

His credit scores range from about  610-640.

Any thoughts on what else we can get approved for besides Quicksilver that has some benefits?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card suggestions?

On that range I was able to get a Discover account..
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife and I were also able to get Discover cards in that range, also Chase Freedom.

Check the pre-approval links in this thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Pre-Approval-Sites-June-2015/m-p/4059266

Read the thread first, other users share their experience on which pre-approvals have been accurate for people and which haven't. Make sure you get a blatant "Congratulations you're pre-approved" message, otherwise they're just cold offers.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am similar in FICO range and also had a C1 Platinum as my only card.  I next applied for a Barclays Reward and was accepted.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the link -

really chase freedom?  i thought that was a hard one to get.  did you have a lot of inquiries and derogs when you apped?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the link -

really chase freedom?  i thought that was a hard one to get.  did you have a lot of inquiries and derogs when you apped?

Relatively few inquiries... I had a total of 4(across 3 reports, no more than 2 on one) spanning two years, 3 of which were cell phone/cable/dish service related, only one actual financial institution inquiry from the beginning of the year by my credit union(which is weird, because i didn't app for anything at the beginning of the year that required a hard pull, so I'm looking into that one). We have various derogs on our CRs right now, but pretty much old stuff, nothing in the last few years except a tax lien.

We do have a healthy income and have been very discriminating in what financial institutions we've done business with during our rebuild.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the link -

Relatively few inquiries... I had a total of 4(across 3 reports, no more than 2 on one) spanning two years, 3 of which were cell phone/cable/dish service related, only one actual financial institution inquiry from the beginning of the year by my credit union(which is weird, because i didn't app for anything at the beginning of the year that required a hard pull, so I'm looking into that one). We have various derogs on our CRs right now, but pretty much old stuff, nothing in the last few years except a tax lien.

We do have a healthy income and have been very discriminating in what financial institutions we've done business with during our rebuild.

Man... I have a bunch of inquiries - between 8 and 24.  Like you, our derogs are all older and we have a healthy income.  But my revolving tradelines are pretty new.  I got the first in april (cap 1 platinum) and the second just a few weeks ago (quicksilver).  I really need a third one though.... wondering if I should go for it??

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.