Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card

I have been doing some research and i havent found any clear answer to a question I have. I have a old credit card that i have been trying to keep up with the payments. the limit was 5k currently its at $4300. they closed the account sometime ago. It shows closed on my CR but im still making payments. I am wondering if I paid them out the whole remaining balance could I have the account deleted from my report. Like a pay for delete sort of. the late payments are really killing me. i dont have the 4,300 but i will gladly find it to have this account done with.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cp94550
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Card

Who is the account with? It really doesn't hurt to try. Send letters, emails, phone calls.

Starting Score: EX: 560 on 11/1/11
Current Score: EX: 651 on 1/31/16
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

its with USAA cc. the account has been closed but the it has not been charged off yet. so im still making payments. pretty much my past due amount is like $900. im giving them like $100 a month. financing charges are approx $63 so the bill only goes down 37 a month which will take forever meanwhile the late payments are adding up

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

its with USAA cc. the account has been closed but the it has not been charged off yet. so im still making payments. pretty much my past due amount is like $900. im giving them like $100 a month. financing charges are approx $63 so the bill only goes down 37 a month which will take forever meanwhile the late payments are adding up

How long has it been behind? If its been a while the late charges will have racked quite a bit of revenue for them and they may be amenable to a settlement offer.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.