Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Check Total reporting question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Check Total reporting question

I have a question about Credit Check Total reporting a late.  I have been working very hard to rebuild my credit.  So I am paying very close attention to how I pay my bills.  My question is this

According to Credit Check Total I had a late payment 18 months ago on EXP and EQ.  

I know I haven't been late on anything in almost 4 years.  

I do have several cc chargeoffs from 2010 and early 2011 that still show balances and have been gradually one by one settling or                       paying these off. So I guess it's possible one of these has reported the account and makes it look like a new late,  But then again I           wasn't able to start doing this till bout 6 months ago.  So IDK.  My problem is I can't figure out where the late is coming from.                     Anyone got any ideas on how to spot this.  I will take any and all suggestions on how to find it.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit Check Total reporting question

An account that has been charged-off is, by definition, seriously delinquent.

The fact that they charged-off the debt does not end their ability to report prior or add new delinquencies.

If a delinquency is reporting, does it not show a month/year?

Have you inquired with the creditor?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a question about Credit Check Total reporting a late.  I have been working very hard to rebuild my credit.  So I am paying very close attention to how I pay my bills.  My question is this

According to Credit Check Total I had a late payment 18 months ago on EXP and EQ.  

I know I haven't been late on anything in almost 4 years.  

I do have several cc chargeoffs from 2010 and early 2011 that still show balances and have been gradually one by one settling or                       paying these off. So I guess it's possible one of these has reported the account and makes it look like a new late,  But then again I           wasn't able to start doing this till bout 6 months ago.  So IDK.  My problem is I can't figure out where the late is coming from.                     Anyone got any ideas on how to spot this.  I will take any and all suggestions on how to find it.  

Well, start by posting a screenshot of how you are seeing this supposed late.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

The fact that they charged-off the debt does not end their ability to report prior or add new delinquencies.

RobertEG  I have read enough on here to know absolutely you are right.  My problem is I can't seem to find the late  Probably can't do anything about it either way.   I would just like to be able to put my finger on what it is.  I have looked at the last reporting date of each of them, the last date before chargeoff, the chargeoff date, nothing matches 18 months agl. I'm perplexed. It;s just one of those weird things that is on my brain because I can't figure it out.  LOL

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

RobertEG  I have read enough on here to know absolutely you are right.  My problem is I can't seem to find the late  Probably can't do anything about it either way.   I would just like to be able to put my finger on what it is.  I have looked at the last reporting date of each of them, the last date before chargeoff, the chargeoff date, nothing matches 18 months agl. I'm perplexed. It;s just one of those weird things that is on my brain because I can't figure it out.  LOL

OK, looking at my CCT page I think I know what you're seeing. It's on the overview page where it lists whats affecting your credit, correct? In mine for instance it says "Time since late" and then "4 months". I know that there are no late payments from 4 months ago, however there ARE collection accountsthat updated that recently. I think that is what you are seeing is not a late payment, but rather collection or other derog that last updated 18 months ago.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

OK, looking at my CCT page I think I know what you're seeing. It's on the overview page where it lists whats affecting your credit, correct? In mine for instance it says "Time since late" and then "4 months". I know that there are no late payments from 4 months ago, however there ARE collection accountsthat updated that recently. I think that is what you are seeing is not a late payment, but rather collection or other derog that last updated 18 months ago.

Yep,  that's exacly what I see,  Just wish I knew what it was.  Don't like not knowing.  Oh well, I'm gonna just keep doing what I'm doing.  Keeping Util low,.  Paying on time and continuing to pay for old debts.   Thankyou for taking the time to help

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.