cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Check hurting chances of New JOB... what to do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Check hurting chances of New JOB... what to do?

Hello,

I am bvery fortunate to discover this website and am very thankful for the advice everyone is asking and answering here.

I have a bit of a problem..

I Was currently employed at a Luxury Department (which wasn't very luxurious).

I was paid strict commission, so if i did not sell.. I did not get paid.

Long Story short i fell back on many of my credit cards did not pay them and now have 3 CO's on my credit report.

and well ofcourse many late payments.  (making my Credit score drop over 100 points)

and to put the cherry on top...I got let go of one month ago.. so am now un-employed

Having high end experience, makes me as the interviewer's say ...over qualified for for modern-end retail sores.

therefore, i am kinda stuck in luxury retail..

but everyone in Luxury retail does Credit checks now,,, and as soon as they see my check they close the door immediately.

I am 23 years old.. and have paid off 2 of my Co's and have 1 that i am still paying off.

My question is this...

is there anything i can do to remove those CO's from my CR/ or any negative things from my CR

and

and suggestions on how/what top do to get a job with a bad credit score.??

Thank you for all your suggestions.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Check hurting chances of New JOB... what to do?

Welcome to the forums,

I would suggest sending GW letter to the paid CO's, to see if they would delete.

And the CO that still has a balance, maybe do a PFD letter.

GW and PFD letters can be found in the Freq Req Threads. Heres the link to the GW.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Goodwill-Primer/m-p/9424

Another thing to consider is your AAoA may take a hit if any one of these CO's is your oldest item on your CR.

About credit check when applying for work. Just be honest when the interviewer ask about your CR's.

IMO, during this economy I feel it would be hard to find someone with a very clean CR.

At least your CO's are just about paid off and they didnt go to a CA, and thats a good thing.

Good luck to you and may you find a job very soonSmiley Wink 

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.