cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Collection Services (CSS, Progressive)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Collection Services (CSS, Progressive)

After tireless research and the help of this forum, I emailed every address I could find for this company and had a 3 year old collection account that CCS failed to validate removed from my CRA reports. If anyone would like further information please let me know. I think others have had problems with this agency. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Collection Services (CSS, Progressive)

My DH is also having problems with this company. Care to share?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent email to the following addresses (I used the BCC so they couldn't see that I had emailed everyone). I used the following message (a variance on letters I have found here and other forums) : 

EDITED

hr@ccsusa.com,
EDITED

Edited

CCS

Two Wells Avenue
Newton, MA 02459

9/30/09

RE: Account ending in 2423

Dear Sir/Madam:

I'm sure you know, under FDCPA Section 809 (b), you are not allowed to pursue collection activity until the debt is validated. You should be made aware that in TWYLA BOATLEY, Plaintiff, vs. DIEM CORPORATION, No. CIV 03-0762 UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF ARIZONA, 2004, the courts ruled that reporting a collection account indeed is considered collection activity.

As of 8/26, when you sent the attached letter, you have refused to validate this debt. Therefore you are in violation of FDCPA.

While I prefer not to litigate, I will use the courts as needed to enforce my rights under the FDCPA.

I look forward to an uneventful resolution of this matter, as this debt is invalid and you are breaking the law. 

I request that all contact with me be through email or fax, and only when you can provide adequate validation of this alleged debt. To refresh your memory on what constitutes legal validation, I am giving a list of the required documentation:

* Complete payment history, the requirement of which has been established via Spears v Brennan 745 N.E.2d 862; 2001 Ind. App. LEXIS 509 and

* Agreement that bears the signature of the alleged debtor wherein he agreed to pay the original creditor.

* Letter of sale or assignment from the original creditor to your company. (Agreement with your client that grants you the authority to collect on this alleged debt.) Coppola v. Arrow Financial Services, 302CV577, 2002 WL 32173704(D.Conn., Oct. 29, 2002) - Information relating to the purchase of a bad debt is not proprietary or burdensome. Debtor must phrase their request clearly to obtain: The source of a debt and the amount a bad debt buyer paid for plaintiff's debt, how amount sought was calculated, where in issue a list of reports to credit bureaus, and documents conferring authority on defendant to collect debt.

* Intimate knowledge of the creation of the debt by you, the collection agency.

As you are already in violation, I expect all reference to this account be deleted from my credit report, as this entry and any update of such entry will be considered another violation. I will allow one business day from the timestamp of this email before holding CCS legally accountable for Civil damages. Last time I reviewed the FCRA, it was $1,000 in Civil damages per violation in addition to any punitive damages, attorney's fees, and court costs. 

Thank You,

daniel 6809, SSN XXX-XX-XXXX

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got an email back in a few days saying they would delete and tried to blame it on me. Bottom line, it got the job done after calling, writing, faxing, etc. Didn't work.  

Daniel6809, posting of others' personal info is a no-no on this forum. In the future, feel free to provide a link to this info (so as long as the link doesn't violate the TOS of this site) or offer up the suggestion for anyone to PM you directly for this info.

Message Edited by llecs on 10-04-2009 06:26 PM
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a bunch! I'll try this with a little variation.

Message 4 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, congrats. They are tough to deal with and I had also found them and won. They love to violate the FDCPA. As a suggestion in the future, I'd suggest not including your SSN in your correspondence to them. With the era of ID theft and with copies being distributed to others within CCS, I'd proceed cautiously.
Message 5 of 6
tamdugg1980
Contributor

I recently found out that I have a collection account with this company as well.  I had never received a letter, a phone call, nothing regarding this debt.  I am planning on DV'ing this ASAP.  Could you PM the e-mail addresses you have?    

Starting score: (April 2011) 530 - myFICO EQ
Current score: (04/2012) EQ - 608 (myFICO), EX FAKO - 671, TU FAKO - 619

Let's see what happens once they report minus the late payments!!!!!!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.