Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Collection Services HELP!!!!

tag
Kikimin
New Contributor

Credit Collection Services HELP!!!!

Hey everyone!

So I need a little help with this collection account.  Back in 2012 I went to purchase a car.  Received financing (so I thought) and was told all I needed was insurance.  I called progressive and took out a policy.  Next day was told that the financing had not gone through and the lender requested a larger deposit which I could not afford so I turned in the car and called the ins and advised the sale did not go through,

Flash forward several years, I got serious about my credit, joined MyFICO and pulled my 3B report and low and behold a collection acct for progressive.  Called progressive regarding the account and they stated they needed paperwork stating I never purchased the car.  It was 4 yrs ago I don't have any of those records, I can't even remember who the lender was going to be.  

What should I do reg this acct?  Should I send a DV?  What proof could I possibly send 4 years later for a car I never owned?

Any help from the credit experts would be appreciated!!

My FICO8 as of 4/1/16 EQ: 544 TU: 586 EX: 599
Starting FICO8 3/11/16 EQ:539 TU:593 EX:580
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Collection Services HELP!!!!

Just Dispute it with Credit Bureaus , 9 times out of 10 they will remove it. I had a problem with Progressive as well and I just disputed it and they were removed. 

Message 2 of 4
Kikimin
New Contributor

Thanks!  I was thinking that was what I would have to do.  Its only showing with transunion so it would more than likely be the easiest thing to do!

My FICO8 as of 4/1/16 EQ: 544 TU: 586 EX: 599
Starting FICO8 3/11/16 EQ:539 TU:593 EX:580
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If all else fails and you can't get it off through disputes and it's a small amount I recently did a PFD for a Progressive bill from CCS.  As for proof could your state DMV give you a list of vehicles that have been registered to you to show you never registered that particular vehicle?  I'm not even sure if that's a possibility.  Or they should have a VIN number and maybe you could do a VIN search?  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.