Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Collection Services Suggestions

tag
L-Force
Established Member

Credit Collection Services Suggestions

So I had two collections with CCS, one paid from 2006 and one not paid from 2007. I GW for the paid collection to some emails I found through Linkedin. Never heard back from any of them, but within a week the collection was removed from my TU report, followed by a letter from CCS saying it has been returned to the OC and they have requested the deletion. TU is the only Credit report reporting these collections. So now I decide to press my luck and email, to the same people, a PFD for 50% of the amount owed. Two days go by and I get an email from a Senior VP from CCS asking for a phone number and best time to be reached and he would have one of his associates call me about my request. I can see in his email that it was forwarded by one of the people I emailed. My question is should I provide them my phone #? I dont want to get harassed by them if they dont agree to PFD. The collection is scheduled to be removed 03/2014.

Starting Score: 551 1/1/2012
Current Score: TU MyFico 693 3/7/2012 MyFico EQ 685 3/7/2012 USAA FAKO 3/7/2012 EX 688 EQ 715 TU 669
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Collection Services Suggestions

As many will tell you on here, it's best to never communicate via telephone with a collection agency...you want a paper trail. With that being said, CCS (in my own experience) is a fairly easy CA to deal with. I had several paid collections deleted, and I have spoken with them over the phone. I have 1 lady in particular I talk to and deal with. We currently have 1 private student loan that we are paying off (have been since 2007) via monthly payments. There have been several times I couldn't pay the full monthly payment and they let me just pay what I was comfortable with. I have even been told by 2 of their employees that they "usually" go ahead and delete your file with them once you've satisfied your debt. Good luck!!

Message 2 of 12
boonelb
Regular Contributor

do you have contact info for ccs? I have a paid collection with them

Message 3 of 12
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Don't be afraid to provide phone number.  You can always ask them later to not contact you via phone and by law they need to stop.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You are seeking to negotiate with them.  Providing a telephone no. for contact would appear to be a benficial part of your negotiation efforts.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

boonelb, check your PM Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 12
boonelb
Regular Contributor

thanks.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

send me info too please..... thanks.

Message 8 of 12
igids1
Regular Contributor

I did all of that also, following advice of others on the board. I gave my phone number. They said if I paid in full, not a penny less, they would delete if I asked. I paid. They deleted from two within a week. Im waiting for the last one (eq) to come off. They were not bad to deal with at all IMO, but I was willing to pay in full.

Message 9 of 12
westo12
Established Contributor

@igids1 wrote:

I did all of that also, following advice of others on the board. I gave my phone number. They said if I paid in full, not a penny less, they would delete if I asked. I paid. They deleted from two within a week. Im waiting for the last one (eq) to come off. They were not bad to deal with at all IMO, but I was willing to pay in full.

Did you call CCS at the number on your credit report or another one?  If another one, can you please send to me?  

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.