cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Collection Services... actually a GOOD CA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Collection Services... actually a GOOD CA?

I received a settlement letter in the mail from CCS a few months ago.. Went on their website, and they stated if you PIF they will DELETE the account off your credit report.  I did as they asked, PIF, and 2 weeks later, POOF off my CR.  If CCS can do it, WHY CAN'T ERC AND MIDLAND DO IT!!!! Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

btw, nice 54 point jump in my Credit score!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Collection Services... actually a GOOD CA?

ERC does do it, and Credit Collection Services a good company.

They delete upon payment. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an account with Midland, and when I called to see what we could do to satisfy the debt, they informed me that they sent it to ERC.  This was 2 months ago, and ERC has yet to contact me, nor has it shown up on the CR.  However, Midland is still showing up with the $309 debt, but that it's a closed account.  They..... are.... KILLING me.

Message 3 of 5
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had an account with Midland, and when I called to see what we could do to satisfy the debt, they informed me that they sent it to ERC.  This was 2 months ago, and ERC has yet to contact me, nor has it shown up on the CR.  However, Midland is still showing up with the $309 debt, but that it's a closed account.  They..... are.... KILLING me.

I've never dealt with Midland but I can tell you that it seems to me that ERC never sends out a dunning notice, and just reports to your credit. Then when you DV them, they fold. 

Message 4 of 5
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Also, if Midland doesn't own the debt anymore I would send them a DV as well, because why are they still on your reports. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.