Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Collection Services - success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Collection Services - success!

I sent two PFDs to Credit Collection Services for two small balances ($78 and $133) on my report.  I offered a settlement in my letter and would even have considered paying them in full in order to have deleted.  Today I received two letters stating:

" Please be advised your account has been closed by this office and returned to your creditor.  We would like to apologize for any concern this may have caused you.  We have instructed the credit bureaus to delete the account...."

They are older (original debt is from 2006 and 2007); I'm just amazed they're deleting without payment!  I've got more serious issues I'm still working on, but will be nice to see some of this stuff off.  What's the worse that can happen..the OC gives it to another CA?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Stiltzy
Valued Member

Re: Credit Collection Services - success!

Can you PM me the letter and address you used please??? I have 2 from them and have had no success to this point

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, best response ever to a PFD offer: "We will in fact delete your report as you request, but instead of accepting the money you offerred, we would like to do it for free!"

I wish this company had my accounts.

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

If this is a negative tradeline on your credit report and the original creditor still has a negative tradeline on your report, the deletion won't do much. They probably had to delete it as they are probably missing some sort of account paperwork OR most likely because it is past the statutue of limitations for that collector to collect the debt (4 years in PA for unsecured credit card debt). I've had these removed, but the original creditor is still on my credit report. Will fall off after 7 years.

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

The OC is not on my reports, just the CA..they are past the SOL, so I'll just have to watch to make sure it doesn't pop up sometime.  I'm not thinking it will do anything much for my score..I've got other things I'm working on for that..it's just nice to have those two baddies off Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 24
Stiltzy
Valued Member

Thanks a ton for this. I sent essentially the same letter for 2 accounts offering a PFD and recieved my letters back deleting both without any payment. Amazing what a couple bucks at the USPS can do. I cant wait to finally see them fall off!!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 24
L-Force
Established Member

Can you PM me the letter and address you used please? I have 2 from them, although 1 is a paid collection and the other is for about $560 and have had no success to this point. Thanks

Starting Score: 551 1/1/2012
Current Score: TU MyFico 693 3/7/2012 MyFico EQ 685 3/7/2012 USAA FAKO 3/7/2012 EX 688 EQ 715 TU 669
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 24
theheater30
Contributor

Hi Could you send me an example of the letter you sent? I have one with them and it's my only negative account on EQ. The collection is paid but I'd like to try with them anyway.

Message 8 of 24
Stiltzy
Valued Member

Check your PMs

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent news I have a very old collection from these guys that is set to fall off next year so hopefully it would be a prime candidate.

Could I have the contact info/letter as well?

Thanks!

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.