Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Consultant??? does that exist?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Consultant??? does that exist?

I was in the process of securing a pre-approval and comments from Midland regarding accounts I disputed brought that to a halt. I ahve spoken with four lenders who basically rush me off the phone with no answers or help. They want to run my credit and then done. My credit reports have me whipped trying to understand what to do and what not to do. I contacted an attorney and he said he could not help. is there such thing as a credit consultant or do i pay a credit repair service for the two collection accounts? I really just want to pay someone to look at my reports and tell me exactly what to do, any recommendations? Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Lemmus
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Consultant??? does that exist?

...wrong forum ...you need to post this over in credit repair ...lots of expertise and help there ...you really don't need a "credit consultant" ...most are just rip-offs ...if you are patient and persistent, the myfico credit repair forum will set you on the right track and even has free templates for you to use ...then come back here when you're ready for a mortgage ...hth

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 2 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

I asked a mod to move your question to Repairing your Credit forum so you can get more responses.

You don't need to hire anyone. If you post your information (personal info redacted) you can have a whole bunch of 'consultants' reply with valid and helpful hints to repair your credit.  Spend a few minutes/hours/days reviewing the information in the repair forum and you will be amazed at how much power you have as a consumer to get the changes done on your own report. You have more power than a third party credit repair type co.

Message 3 of 8
d333moore
Established Member

Thank you all so much!! 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its best for the community as a whole to keep things 'on forum', rather than taking them private. You will get multiple responses and you may find a that you have multiple options. Also everybody has a chance to learn from your personal situation.

Message 5 of 8
ltorres25
Regular Contributor

I'd strongly discourage giving out any personal information to anyone. As already stated, post your information in this thread (personal info removed) and there are a ton of people here that can steer you in the right direction. I started here with a mess of a report and scores in the low 500's but now I have a clean credit report and scores in the mid 700's. This forum is a great resource and the people here are very helpful and do not pass judgement.

| TU FICO: 747 | EQ FICO: 746 | EX FICO: 741 | Last HP: 5/20/15 |
Message 6 of 8
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

A post in this thread was removed for violating TOS by promoting a credit repair organization and spam / solicitation. I also edited a few posts to remove the name of the organization. Thanks.

-NewGuy-  --myFICO Moderator--

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-NewGuy- wrote:

A post in this thread was removed for violating TOS by promoting a credit repair organization and spam / solicitation. I also edited a few posts to remove the name of the organization. Thanks.

-NewGuy-  --myFICO Moderator--

Thank you.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.