cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Control Corp/Cox Communications Paid Collection HELP!

tag
creditkarma21
New Contributor

Credit Control Corp/Cox Communications Paid Collection HELP!

Has anyone had success removing Credit Control Corp from their CRs??

My situation sucks. I had an old cable bill from Cox from 2007. Credit Control Corp of course listed it as TWO separate accounts on my CRs (one for cable and one for the bill).

I thought that if I paid Cox directly I could dispute with CCC and have them remove it. I was wrong. They are now showing up as paid. I sent GW letters to the higher ups at Cox and had the matter looked into for me. After several days of deliberation they declined to have the two entries removed.

I also tried to dispute with the CRAs and they all came back verified.

I am really bummed out. What should I do?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
IMPROVELIFE
New Contributor

Re: Credit Control Corp/Cox Communications Paid Collection HELP!

I am in the process of trying to have them delete a couple of TL's for payment;  I'll let you know how it goes  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 550
Current Score: 570
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 20
masseye
Contributor

I tried last yr on a 56 dollar Cox bill for them to only tell me no and to update the file to current... aargghh...so please let me know if you have any luck.

Thanks

masseye

Message 3 of 20
creditkarma21
New Contributor

Thanks guys keep me posted. Any info would be great. What a PITA

Message 4 of 20
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Kinda confusing.

I presume that Cox was the OC, and that CCC is a debt collector, who then reported a CA?

If so, if you paid the OC, that indicates that the OC still owned the debt, and that the CA was just an assigned debt collection agent for the OC.

If you paid the OC, that does not invalidate the accuracy of the prior reporting of the CA by the debt collector.  Derogs are not negated by later payment of the debt.  So the CRA saw no evidence of the inaccuracy of their actual reporting.  Payment of debt is not evidence of inaccuacy of prior reporting by either the OC or debt collector.

I dont see any disputable issues.

Remaining course is GW letters.

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hired [Edited]on 12-20-2010 and I just got a letter from TransUnion saying my Credit Control Corp/ Cox bad mark was deleted. I just Goggled Credit Control Corp to make sure it was for the Cox bad mark and it was. I used these guys back on 07 to get a bad mark off and they left me with perfect credit and when Cox popped up in December I gave them a try again and it took them 1 month and 4 days to get it removed. And no I don' work for them or even know them except for when I used them. The contact info is below. Good luck

Steve

[Edited]

Message 6 of 20
IMPROVELIFE
New Contributor

Steve, can you pm me the information?  Thanks in advance

Starting Score: 550
Current Score: 570
Goal Score: 750

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Control Corp./Cox Communications Paid Collection HELP!

I recently was given two collection accounts (one for the cable box and one for the bill) on each of my three credit bureaus. They did show as paid and I was very pissed off because I didn't even know I owed money. The employee told me that my account was paid when I cancelled and didn't let me know that I had to bring the box back. I swear they do this to F you over. When I received the collection account notice, after not even receiving a bill or a notice that my action was needed to avoid collections, the Credit Department at Cox told me to call Credit Control Corp.. When I did, CCC told me to call Cox back and ask them what to do. They pretty much told me that even though I was told my account was paid off, they will not delete the collection from any bureau. I was furious. I disputed all 6 collections (2 on each bureau) by calling the Credit Information Hotline for my credit managing company, and they were all taken off. I then called the same person from the credit department at Cox and told him that he was wrong and that he should get some more training before telling former customers that the dings wouldn't be taken off no matter who was at fault. I talked to him about 6 times, and he would always sigh like I was wasting his time, and then would say something like, "well, before you interrupted me, I was going to tell you that there is nothing we can do for you." Done with Cox!

Message 8 of 20
creditkarma21
New Contributor

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to update that I went through ACA International and had these all removed from my reports. I typed up a long story to them online, and faxed them my receipt from Cox Communications. The entries were removed within 48 hours!!!

Message 9 of 20
pmarti8
Valued Member

They can most certainly recall the debt from the collector at their discretion (have you returned the equipment and paid the final bill?) It certainly won't happen if you are insulting the employees however. 

Why didn't you receive the final bill or the subsequent collection letter?  Did you not provide your forwarding address?  I know from experience that accounts you immediately try to rectify once being made aware of the delinquency they are good about removing the notation if you are kind, courteous, and more importantly take some ownership in the matter (not that I'm saying you are at fault by the way).

I think you will have a better chance of getting the collector to delete than Cox.  If you haven't paid them neogiate a PFD if you have, GW them until they are tired of wasting their time responding to a customer who has already paid.

Good luck.

Starting Score: 07/2010 TU 541 EQ 593 Exp 529
Current Score:TU 654 EQ 644 EX 594 br>Goal Score:ALL 660 850

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.