cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Control Corp/Cox Communications Paid Collection HELP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Control Corp./Cox Communications Paid Collection HELP!

Hello, I need to have a paid $61.00 Cox bill removed from all 3 credit bureaus asap!! Did you talk to anyone at ACA International?? Where can I write an email and who do I Send it to? Frustrating!!! This is the only negative I have on my credit!! Please help Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 20
creditkarma21
New Contributor

no, I didn't talk to anyone. I submitted my whole story online on ACA's website including printouts of my receipts when I paid Cox directly. ACA followed up with me really quickly.

Message 12 of 20
Madman94044
Regular Contributor

These folks agreed to PFD last week. Paid the full balance on a 6.5 year old account.
Staring Score:EQ 649 TU 647 EX 644
Current Score: EQ 786 TU 699 EX 746
Goal Score: 800
Wallet: SF Fire CU $5000 CL Chase Freedom 4000 CL, Chase MP $5000, WellsFargo $6000 CL, Amex Gold NPSL, Cap1 CashRewards $2500 CL, Amex BCP $12000 Discover More $1200 CSP 18000
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Control Corp/Cox Communications Paid Collection HELP!

Got It! Thank you,

I will email ACA regarding a paid cable bill for
$61.00 from Cox! Thanks again
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was it removed from your credit after you paid it??
Message 15 of 20
creditkarma21
New Contributor

It was removed from my credit after I filed the complaint with ACA. 

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does ACA remove the marks once you pay Credit Control Corp? I just looked them up and I see the area to do an online complaint. Is this the area you all went to? Cox Cable and Credit Control Corp have made my life miserable for the last year. Neither of these people want to cooperate. It's like they intentionally want to ruin my credit. Not happy at all with either of them.

Message 17 of 20
Jadakyss
Established Member

I recently (2 weeks ago) had a Cox/Credit Control Corp deletion with a simple email. I literally took about 2 hours after my email and everything was in motion and I was receiving an phone call from Cox with an apology and an email from Credit Control Corp with my deletion letter.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I typed up a long and threatening letter to Credit Control Corporation. I demanded they send me proof that I deserve the collections on my credit report. I also added that I never received a final bill. Within a couple weeks, all 6 (2 on each credit agency for the Box and the bill) collections were removed. I was not nice, and I didn't have to be. I told them I would take legal action if they didnt' respond to me within 30 days. You need to be assertive, not aggressive, when dealing with companies like Cox and CCC. 

Message 19 of 20
RazorbackRed

Can you PM me your contact info for Credit Control?

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.