cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Control Corp Cox refusing to delete.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Control Corp Cox refusing to delete.

I tried GW. no.
I tried BBB. no as of today with !!! Marks in response. Saucy.

It's PIF and equipment returned. This is a $75 collection AND a $60 collection for the cable box.

I explained my situation and gave copies. Last yr - I was homeless. I had a restraining order against an abusive spouse whom consequentially "squatted" for 2 months not allowing me access to my home - which I made payments on as well to not default - I won back entry to my home, got their name off, stabilized financially and started work on my now crappy credit from 1. Not being able to return equipment and 2. Worried more about paying more for my temporary housing and original housing they squatted in, all the while not defaulting on as many bills as possible.

3 collections remain from that event, and *#%^ Cox/Credit Control Corp still won't delete as I've had the same cell phone through out.

I need to respond to the BBB still. I sent them copies of the lease turnover and the Judge's order during that timeframe.

Response "Left multiple phone calls unanswered" and "agreed to paid the debt almost a year later" when I found the box actually.

Friggin a man, this **bleep** is STILL making me pay. Just bitter.

Tactics? I've searched the forums and have used GW and BBB tactics as such.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Control Corp Cox refusing to delete.

Unfortunately, some CA's just don't give a crap what the extenuating circumstances were.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly.  I'm drinking my coffee as I attempt to arouse my mental throughputs on a BBB response.  I thankfully walked away with the knowledge of 1. How to spot a bad romance. 2. It doesn't take much to drop your credit score like a tank.

No word from snail mail on 3rd collection yet. After all this I have my car late payment which I've been sending GW letters, for those 2 months last year. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just for dating purpose and maybe someone else has Credit control corp w Cox.

went to Consumer financial. They're still refusing to delete.  Now in dispute.  Running out of agencies and options. 

GW. Denied.  BBB. Denied. consumer financial. Denied.   They respond that they're listing it as Paid in full. Well yeah. I did that. Delete it. 

If if only I had the thought to include the cable box in my restraining order against my Ex as items I needed from the apartment maybe this wouldn't be this hard. End bitterness.

Message 4 of 5
Shawndajoy
Established Member

I sent a settlement offer to the info email for CCC! They responded this morning that the debt was recalled from cox! Cox said it was standard for them to recall after 2 years. CCC listed what was originally one account as three collection accounts. I responded stating I confirmed that CCC was no longer authorized to collect or report on this debt and ask if they would please delete. They responded stated they requested removal and to check reports in 30-60 days. Same day all 3 accounts have been removed from all 3 reports! Cox never reported and I'm in the process of pif! I'm so grateful! This all happened in just ONE day!!! #winning!!! On to the next...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.