Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Counseling and Repair Services

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Counseling and Repair Services

Between paying off items in collection and disputing items on my credit report I have gotten pretty far, but I still have a long way to go and to be honest I feel like I am out of options. I'm considering contacting a credit repair agency to see if they can help me get that final boost, and help me deal with a few judgements, but reputablity seems to be an issue amongst these type of firms. I have considered calling Lexington Law but I have read mixed reviews. Does anyone know of any good firms for this type of work?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Counseling and Repair Services

There's only so much a third party can do to help you out, even folks like Lex Law.

But there are hundreds of folks on here with real life experiences/struggles to get their credit back in order. I know it's tough on your first post to 'open up' a little with  what you are trying to get done so I would suggest using the search feature here. Most likely you are not alone in the struggles you're having then ask about how to tackle them individually or all at once, but you will have to be a little more specific when you feel ready.

Message 2 of 4
dursty87
Established Contributor

Welcome to MF.

I agree with Mackerel.  I also don't believe in paying others for services you can do yourself.  Trust me, they aren't going to get anything more done that you can't do yourself.  Plus they charge you an arm and a leg.  If you feel like it, post what your negs are, what you have done, etc and I am sure others will help you out.  Remember, no one knows who you are so that should help a little bit with posting any derogs.  I started out with a horrible credit report/score when I first found these forums.  With research and guideance from others I have a clean report.  You can do it without hiring anyone to do it for you, trust me.  And at the end of the day, I think it is more rewarding accomplishing it yourself.  However, you do what is best for you.  Hope we can help!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is absolutely nothing a credit repair service can do that you cannot do yourself. It just takes time and determination. Read through the threads in this forum and you'll find very valuable tips and informtaion.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.