Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit (First Time) Building Progress

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit (First Time) Building Progress

Not so much "rebuilding" credit as building it in the first place. I'm almost 25, about to graduate college, really started taking credit seriously at the beginning of last year. Didn't start out too bad, but I've been tracking every regular score I can get to see my progress and I have more than a year's worth of data now, and I'm really proud of the progress I'm making. The main thing holding me back is the AAoA, and that I've not really paid my student loans yet. But here are some examples of the change in scores in roughly one year of building.

Amex (EX): 733 (6/20/15) --> 772 (3/16/16)

Barclaycard (TU): 726 (3/23/15) --> 742 (3/16/16)

Citi (EQ): 698 (3/24/15) --> 750 (3/23/16)

Discover (TU): 731 (2/12/15) --> 754 (4/12/16)

and the less meaning ful scores, CK:

TU: 706 EQ: 706 (3/7/15) --> TU: 760 EQ: 762 (3/16/16)

I'm really proud of the profile I've built for myself so far, I've probably been obsessing over this a little too much this past year, haha but I always hear how important good credit can be, I still don't know what I'm doing with anything outside of credit cards, so that's probably the next thing I'll need to figure out, haha.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit (First Time) Building Progress

Sweet! You're in with Citi already, so the rest is all downhill.Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.