Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Inquiries help anyone

tag
TwoBeFree
Contributor

Credit Inquiries help anyone

I have a question concerning inquiries. Do old inquiries falling off help increase your score points?  Do inquiries that are 1-2 years old hurt your score? I have 3 inquiries that should have fell off in July 2013 and a total of 5 that should fall off by Dec 2013.  I open a saving account with my job credit union they did a hard pull?  I applied for cable with Direct and Dish they both did a hard pull is there anyway I can have them remove they was done in 2012 if I have know they was a hard pull I would not have applied especially that I couldn't get service due to my neighbor tree blocking signal for me to get service.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Inquiries help anyone

@TwoBeFree wrote:

I have a question concerning inquiries. Do old inquiries falling off help increase your score points?  Do inquiries that are 1-2 years old hurt your score? I have 3 inquiries that should have fell off in July 2013 and a total of 5 that should fall off by Dec 2013.  I open a saving account with my job credit union they did a hard pull?  I applied for cable with Direct and Dish they both did a hard pull is there anyway I can have them remove they was done in 2012 if I have know they was a hard pull I would not have applied especially that I couldn't get service due to my neighbor tree blocking signal for me to get service.

You might see a small bump when INQ's fall off. INQ's will affect your score for only 1 yr but will stay on for 2 yr. As far as your CU you need to ask them if it was a HP or SP. Unfortunately you gave Direct TV and Dish permission to pull your credit reports so those will remain for 2 yrs.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.