Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Journey -- UPDATED

tag
truckerwife
Valued Member

Credit Journey -- UPDATED

****UPDATED 7/6/2015 on bottom of post*****

I wanted to start a journal to keep things all in one place while I continue to repair my credit.  My family and I went thru hell and back 2 years ago going from getting a divorce to now reconiciling and building a better fututre together.  My husband's credit has jumped over the last year after going with a credit repair company and we are now set to close on our house hopefuly in August.  I started working on my credit myself about 8 months ago.  I was able to get a bunch of medical collections off and also an old AT&T account that wasn't mine.  I still have a bunch more to go.

I started at 502 TU and 572 EQ (not sure what my EXP was)

I'm now at 608 TU 628 EQ and 628 EXP

Negatives

HSBC - on all 3 due to age off 11/15

Cap1 - on all 3 due to age off 11/15

PRA - on all 3.  collection of HSBC but shows 1/15 as opened.

Focus Recovery - on all 3.  Medical bill

RMS - on TU & EXP This is an OLD medical bill that was paid about 8 years ago.  still shows open and has a new date.  

Keynote - on EQ & EXP OLD childcare bill that never should have been.  daughter hasn't been at that center in 9 years.  

CCC - on all 3.  paid medical bill

Focus Recovery -on all 3.  paid medical bill

Target - late payments

Not too bad.  Just a lot of paper pushing to get them to do what needs to be done Smiley Happy

************UPDATE!!!***********

Negatives

HSBC - on EQ & EXP TU DELETED!

Cap1 - on EQ & EXP TU DELETED!  

PRA - on EQ & EXP collection of HSBC. TU DELETED! complaints were made via CFPB, BBB, and the AG

Focus Recovery - on EQ & EXP.  Medical bill --- HIPAA dispute in process, TU DELETED!

RMS - on TU & EXP --- Started HIPAA dispute DELETED!!

Keynote - on EQ & EXP OLD childcare bill that never should have been.   DELETED!!!!

CCC - ---HIPAA dispute.   DELETED ON ALL 3!!!

Target - late payments --- GW.  2 of 3 Late Payments DELETED!!!  working on the last one.

----------------

Concord Serving - old loan that has been closed that shows late payments on it.  I don't have it listed above because I'm not working on it.  It's joint with my husband and since we are currently just using his credit to buy our house, I don't want to touch it. Once we close next month I'll start hitting it. 

Currently TU - 702!! EQ - 651 EXP - 651
Started TU-502 EQ-572 EXP-?? (6/14)
Initial Goal 700 across the board
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Journey

@truckerwife wrote:

I wanted to start a journal to keep things all in one place while I continue to repair my credit.  My family and I went thru hell and back 2 years ago going from getting a divorce to now reconiciling and building a better fututre together.  My husband's credit has jumped over the last year after going with a credit repair company and we are now set to close on our house hopefuly in August.  I started working on my credit myself about 8 months ago.  I was able to get a bunch of medical collections off and also an old AT&T account that wasn't mine.  I still have a bunch more to go.

I'm now at 608 TU 628 EQ and 628 EXP Congratulations!!

Negatives

HSBC - on all 3 due to age off 11/15 Contact Transunion as soon as May hits and ask for an early exclusion, start asking the other 2 in August

Cap1 - on all 3 due to age off 11/15 Same advice as above

PRA - on all 3.  collection of HSBC but shows 1/15 as opened. This outfit is known to use illegal tactics, dispute any incorrect information

Focus Recovery - on all 3.  Medical bill How old? How much? Would a "pay for delete" work here?

RMS - on TU & EXP This is an OLD medical bill that was paid about 8 years ago.  still shows open and has a new date.  Dispute now, too old to report

Keynote - on EQ & EXP OLD childcare bill that never should have been.  daughter hasn't been at that center in 9 years. Dispute now, too old to report

CCC - on all 3.  paid medical bill Close to aging off? if not write goodwill letters

Focus Recovery -on all 3.  paid medical bill same as above

Target - late payments same as above

Not too bad.  Just a lot of paper pushing to get them to do what needs to be done Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
truckerwife
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@truckerwife wrote:

I'm now at 608 TU 628 EQ and 628 EXP Congratulations!!

Negatives

HSBC - on all 3 due to age off 11/15 Contact Transunion as soon as May hits and ask for an early exclusion, start asking the other 2 in August

Cap1 - on all 3 due to age off 11/15 Same advice as above

PRA - on all 3.  collection of HSBC but shows 1/15 as opened. This outfit is known to use illegal tactics, dispute any incorrect information

Focus Recovery - on all 3.  Medical bill How old? How much? Would a "pay for delete" work here?

RMS - on TU & EXP This is an OLD medical bill that was paid about 8 years ago.  still shows open and has a new date.  Dispute now, too old to report

Keynote - on EQ & EXP OLD childcare bill that never should have been.  daughter hasn't been at that center in 9 years. Dispute now, too old to report

CCC - on all 3.  paid medical bill Close to aging off? if not write goodwill letters

Focus Recovery -on all 3.  paid medical bill same as above

Target - late payments same as above

Thanks so much for responding!

Message 3 of 11
truckerwife
Valued Member

Negatives

HSBC - on all 3 due to age off 11/15 --- Calling TU Monday for EE

Cap1 - on all 3 due to age off 11/15  --- Calling TU Monday for EE

PRA - on all 3.  collection of HSBC but shows 1/15 as opened. --- Started HIPAA dispute

Focus Recovery - on all 3.  Medical bill --- Started HIPAA dispute

RMS - on TU & EXP This is an OLD medical bill that was paid about 8 years ago.  still shows open and has a new date.  --- Disputed 

Keynote - on EQ & EXP OLD childcare bill that never should have been.  daughter hasn't been at that center in 9 years.  --- Disputed

CCC - on all 3.  paid medical bill --- Started HIPAA dispute.  would not GW it

Focus Recovery -on all 3.  paid medical bill --- sent GW

Target - late payments --- Sent GW and denied

I've sent a few to Target over the last 4 months.  All came back denied.  Not sure what else to do except keep sending it out. Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@truckerwife wrote:

Negatives

HSBC - on all 3 due to age off 11/15 --- Calling TU Monday for EE

Cap1 - on all 3 due to age off 11/15  --- Calling TU Monday for EE

PRA - on all 3.  collection of HSBC but shows 1/15 as opened. --- Started HIPAA dispute

RMS - on TU & EXP This is an OLD medical bill that was paid about 8 years ago.  still shows open and has a new date.  --- Disputed 

Keynote - on EQ & EXP OLD childcare bill that never should have been.  daughter hasn't been at that center in 9 years.  --- Disputed

CCC - on all 3.  paid medical bill --- Started HIPAA dispute.  would not GW it

Focus Recovery -on all 3.  paid medical bill --- sent GW

Target - late payments --- Sent GW and denied

I've sent a few to Target over the last 4 months.  All came back denied.  Not sure what else to do except keep sending it out. Smiley Sad

All you can do is continue to send out GW letters, I would do 1 a month to the office of the CEO, that is the CEO of the bank who issues the Target CC. It sometimes takes years.

Message 5 of 11
truckerwife
Valued Member

UPDATED - 5/15/15

Negatives

HSBC - on all 3 due to age off 11/15 --- Calling TU Monday for EE *** wouldn't EE.  Contacted Cap1 EO

Cap1 - on all 3 due to age off 11/15  --- Calling TU Monday for EE *** wouldn't EE.  Contacted Cap1 EO

PRA - on all 3.  collection of HSBC but shows 1/15 as opened. **Sent a PFD

RMS - on TU & EXP This is an OLD medical bill that was paid about 8 years ago.  still shows open and has a new date.  --- Started HIPAA dispute ***TU deleted

CCC - on all 3.  paid medical bill --- Started HIPAA dispute.  would not GW it

Focus Recovery -on all 3.  paid medical bill --- Started HIPAA dispute

Target - late payments --- Sent GW and denied **resent GW, waiting to hear back. 

I'm still sendng GW letters to Target once a month.  I sent a GW email to Capital One EO and they called me back.  The woman has been so nice and keeps in contact with me.  She sees where it was charged off but has no additional information.  She told me that she will continue to investigate and adjust the account if she can't find anything.  Fingers crossed!!!

The old RMS bill was just deleted off of my TU report, I got the notification today.   Made my day!  I'm still waiting on the rest of the information to come back on the medical bills so I continue to repair my credit Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the movement! Keep going!

I'm so surprised they wouldnt EE on something coming off in Novemeber.

I would call them everyday until they did it.  That is not cool. 

Message 7 of 11
truckerwife
Valued Member

Recieved another letter from PRA but not a response to my PFD letter.  I just sent something back out today asking the accounting of this as well as verification of the DOFD.  We will see where this goes. 

Capital one responded saying sorry, wish we could help but we aren't deleting.

Nothing from Target.

and all the medical are still in waiting status. 

Now I sit and wait again....

Message 8 of 11
truckerwife
Valued Member

UPDATED - 5/31/15

Negatives

HSBC - on all 3 due to age off 11/15 --- Calling TU Monday for EE *** wouldn't EE.  Contacted Cap1 EO ****TU DELETED!

Cap1 - on all 3 due to age off 11/15  --- Calling TU Monday for EE *** wouldn't EE.  Contacted Cap1 EO *** EO wouldn't budge

PRA - on all 3.  collection of HSBC but shows 1/15 as opened. **Sent a PFD 

Focus Recovery - on all 3.  Medical bill --- Started HIPAA dispute ***TU DELETED!!!

RMS - on TU & EXP This is an OLD medical bill that was paid about 8 years ago.  still shows open and has a new date.  --- Started HIPAA dispute ***TU deleted

CCC - on all 3.  paid medical bill --- Started HIPAA dispute.  would not GW it  ****TU DELETED!!!

Target - late payments --- Sent GW and denied **resent GW, waiting to hear back.   Updated with no history before 2013???  now only 1 late instead of 3 on TU??

Transunion completed their investigation and I'm happy with it.  My updated credit report showed Target had no informatipn before 2013 so maybe the deleted prior information after receiving my last GW letter?  I never got a response from them.  So instead of 3 lates, I only have 1.  I guess I'll wait to see what happens with the other 2 CA.  

My updated scores are  EQ 637, TU 620, EXP 639 !!!!

Message 9 of 11
truckerwife
Valued Member

Updated first post

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.