Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Jump and Decrease

tag
ccarriii
Established Member

Credit Jump and Decrease

Im new to this site, but have been trying to rebuild my credit for quite some time. Just when i think im getting some progess, my Equifax score drops 75 points.

My original score were:

Experian = 585

Transunion = 630

Exquifax = 670

I had 3 collection accounts completely removed from all 3 bureas.  My Experian and Trans Union scores jumped up significantly, but my Equifax score dropped. Now my scores are:

Experian = 664

Transunion = 730

Exquifax = 595

My question is how can the removal of the 3 derogitory items raise Experian, and transunion, but drop Experian. Its doesnt make any sense to me and its very discouraging.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Jump and Decrease

The first thing that we all need to know is, where did you get your scores??

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 2 of 6
ccarriii
Established Member

I recieved all 3 from freecreditreport.com

Message 3 of 6
mauve
Valued Contributor

Those aren't FICOs and we can't help you with them. 

We can help you with your actual reports, though. 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

To further explain what mauve is saying - the scores that most (really, just about all) lenders use are called "FICO" scores. The scores you receive from anywhere but here on myfico.com, including freecreditreport.com and the websites of each of the bureaus (TU, EX, EQ) are what we often call "FAKO" scores, but the websites often call them "Plus" scores or "Vantage" scores.

These "FAKO" scores are not calculated in the same way that FICO scores are calculated and can be wildly different. Also, there's no way for us to know what really affects a FAKO score or to help you understand why ione would have changed.

In order to know your "real" credit score, you need to buy your FICO scores from here. However, you cannot buy your Experian score because they no longer sell their FICO scores to the public and only a lender can pull it for you. Therefore, most of us just monitor our EQ and TU scores and assume that the EX is similar. The actual content of the credit reports pulled from other websites should be accurate though, just not the scores they give you.

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 5 of 6
mauve
Valued Contributor

And you don't need to know your scores to improve them.  If you haven't already, go to annualcreditreport.com and pull your credit reports and save them.  Figure out what's dramatically different about Experian and we can help you work on it. 

In fact, we can help you work on negative items on all of your reports. 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.