Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma, Credit Sesame, Quizzle??? Confused

tag
cobbson
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Karma, Credit Sesame, Quizzle??? Confused

CK's credit simulator is totally screwed up. It shows my score also going down for 2 years of on time payments, so I have to assume there are bugs in the program. Take the advice offfered by other members before me.

Good luck!

Message 11 of 14
user5387
Valued Contributor

@catters87 wrote:
Hello, I'm new here, thanks for reading... I'm in the process of rebuilding my credit, I'm turning 27, and I made some mistakes at 18, and also ended up with some medical collections. The charge offs have long been paid for and fall off this year. I have some student loans, one that has payments made to it, the others deferred as I am a student. My electricity bill reports to the credit agency, I have a small personal bank loan that I pay on time, my mom added me as an authorized user on one of her cards, and back in october I decided to go for a secured capital one card, and much to my surprise was approved without a security deposit, I was given a small 200 limit, but within 6 months was given an increase to 500, that I didnt even have to ask for. Now I've been approved for Discover It for Students, and this is where my question comes in...
I've signed up for Credit Karma, Credit Sesame, and Quizzle, because I know each draws from a different reporting agency. And they got me all sorts of confused!

Credit Karma is reporting a 525 I've had it for about eight months or so now, the score has not budged a single point in either direction in eight months, through on time payments and all, and it's simulator told me if I made all my payments on time for 2 years that my score would go down.

Credit Sesame is currently reporting a 611, I just recently signed up for them because credit karma was annoying me.

Quizzle is reporting a 679...

I realize there's a variance between credit reporting agencies, but that's a HUGE gap. I'm not quite sure where I stand at this point or what to do with it? It's confusing, so if anyone has some advice?

I'd suggest going with real scores, and getting your raw reports direct from the source.

It's extremely important to have accurate information to guide you while rebuilding.

Sources for real scores include:

EX 08, EQ 08 - this site

TU 08 - Barclays, Discover, Walmart, this site

EX 04 - PSECU

EQ 04 - DCU, EQ site (Score Power FICO)

The 04 scores are used in the mortgage business.

For actual reports, you can get them for free on a yearly basis, or else $10 a shot.

Message 12 of 14
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

@user5387 wrote:

@catters87 wrote:
Hello, I'm new here, thanks for reading... I'm in the process of rebuilding my credit, I'm turning 27, and I made some mistakes at 18, and also ended up with some medical collections. The charge offs have long been paid for and fall off this year. I have some student loans, one that has payments made to it, the others deferred as I am a student. My electricity bill reports to the credit agency, I have a small personal bank loan that I pay on time, my mom added me as an authorized user on one of her cards, and back in october I decided to go for a secured capital one card, and much to my surprise was approved without a security deposit, I was given a small 200 limit, but within 6 months was given an increase to 500, that I didnt even have to ask for. Now I've been approved for Discover It for Students, and this is where my question comes in...
I've signed up for Credit Karma, Credit Sesame, and Quizzle, because I know each draws from a different reporting agency. And they got me all sorts of confused!

Credit Karma is reporting a 525 I've had it for about eight months or so now, the score has not budged a single point in either direction in eight months, through on time payments and all, and it's simulator told me if I made all my payments on time for 2 years that my score would go down.

Credit Sesame is currently reporting a 611, I just recently signed up for them because credit karma was annoying me.

Quizzle is reporting a 679...

I realize there's a variance between credit reporting agencies, but that's a HUGE gap. I'm not quite sure where I stand at this point or what to do with it? It's confusing, so if anyone has some advice?

I'd suggest going with real scores, and getting your raw reports direct from the source.

It's extremely important to have accurate information to guide you while rebuilding.

Sources for real scores include:

EX 08, EQ 08 - this site

TU 08 - Barclays, Discover, Walmart, this site

EX 04 - PSECU

EQ 04 - DCU, EQ site (Score Power FICO)

The 04 scores are used in the mortgage business.

For actual reports, you can get them for free on a yearly basis, or else $10 a shot.

Also, Unitus Community CU offers EQ 04. You need to have checking and estatements, too to qualify for it though, I think.

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 13 of 14
wa3more
Established Contributor

i would just concentrate on cleaning up and removing bad data and including positive tradelines where possible.

Dont worry about the monthly variations of the FAKO scores. Buy the real scores from here once a quarter or every six months. Rotate. Equifax in January , TU in June and maybe EX in december.

Your score will take care of itself.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.