Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma, Credit Sesame, Quizzle??? Confused

tag
catters87
New Visitor

Credit Karma, Credit Sesame, Quizzle??? Confused

Hello, I'm new here, thanks for reading... I'm in the process of rebuilding my credit, I'm turning 27, and I made some mistakes at 18, and also ended up with some medical collections. The charge offs have long been paid for and fall off this year. I have some student loans, one that has payments made to it, the others deferred as I am a student. My electricity bill reports to the credit agency, I have a small personal bank loan that I pay on time, my mom added me as an authorized user on one of her cards, and back in october I decided to go for a secured capital one card, and much to my surprise was approved without a security deposit, I was given a small 200 limit, but within 6 months was given an increase to 500, that I didnt even have to ask for. Now I've been approved for Discover It for Students, and this is where my question comes in...
I've signed up for Credit Karma, Credit Sesame, and Quizzle, because I know each draws from a different reporting agency. And they got me all sorts of confused!

Credit Karma is reporting a 525 I've had it for about eight months or so now, the score has not budged a single point in either direction in eight months, through on time payments and all, and it's simulator told me if I made all my payments on time for 2 years that my score would go down.

Credit Sesame is currently reporting a 611, I just recently signed up for them because credit karma was annoying me.

Quizzle is reporting a 679...

I realize there's a variance between credit reporting agencies, but that's a HUGE gap. I'm not quite sure where I stand at this point or what to do with it? It's confusing, so if anyone has some advice?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Karma, Credit Sesame, Quizzle??? Confused

@catters87 wrote:
Hello, I'm new here, thanks for reading... I'm in the process of rebuilding my credit, I'm turning 27, and I made some mistakes at 18, and also ended up with some medical collections. The charge offs have long been paid for and fall off this year. I have some student loans, one that has payments made to it, the others deferred as I am a student. My electricity bill reports to the credit agency, I have a small personal bank loan that I pay on time, my mom added me as an authorized user on one of her cards, and back in october I decided to go for a secured capital one card, and much to my surprise was approved without a security deposit, I was given a small 200 limit, but within 6 months was given an increase to 500, that I didnt even have to ask for. Now I've been approved for Discover It for Students, and this is where my question comes in...
I've signed up for Credit Karma, Credit Sesame, and Quizzle, because I know each draws from a different reporting agency. And they got me all sorts of confused!

Credit Karma is reporting a 525 I've had it for about eight months or so now, the score has not budged a single point in either direction in eight months, through on time payments and all, and it's simulator told me if I made all my payments on time for 2 years that my score would go down.

Credit Sesame is currently reporting a 611, I just recently signed up for them because credit karma was annoying me.

Quizzle is reporting a 679...

I realize there's a variance between credit reporting agencies, but that's a HUGE gap. I'm not quite sure where I stand at this point or what to do with it? It's confusing, so if anyone has some advice?

Welcome to the forum 

First thing to remember all 3 of them are not real scores so only use them as a tool to monitor your CR's

It's just marketing to attract consumers becasue the score part is worthless so don't let it sway you one way or the other

Want to know where you are score wise purchase scores here   

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 14
eric19k
Established Contributor

I would say all 3 of them not accurate. 

Try identity guard. You can sign up for trial and then cancel it. It is more accurate and you will get all 3 scores. 

TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 3 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@eric19k wrote:

I would say all 3 of them not accurate. 

Try identity guard. You can sign up for trial and then cancel it. It is more accurate and you will get all 3 scores. 

Hi eric,

Also Fako scores 

Want real scores buy from here or if you have one of these cards that supply free Fico scores>..FNBO Barclay Discover Walmart/GE

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 4 of 14
eric19k
Established Contributor

Hi. 

I already bought.

Anyways I promised myself not to check my score till October. Cat Very Happy

TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Message 5 of 14
eric19k
Established Contributor

may I ask a question. 

I have one tradeline that is $0 for over 2 years but stil reporting. It is charge account. Does it have any positive inpact or nott?

TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Message 6 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@eric19k wrote:

may I ask a question. 

I have one tradeline that is $0 for over 2 years but stil reporting. It is charge account. Does it have any positive inpact or nott?

Of course you can ask at any time we're here to helpSmiley Wink

Yes as long as it has no negative history yes this is a positive TL and will report as positive for up to 10 years 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 14
eric19k
Established Contributor

Thank you very much

TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Message 8 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@eric19k wrote:

Thank you very much

Your welcome 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 9 of 14
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

As has been mentioned, all three are FAKOs and are mainly useful for monitoring what's on your CRs.  Credit Karma uses TU, Credit Sesame uses EX, and Quizzle uses EQ.   I use CK most often, since it updates most often.  I grew tired of CS and just deleted them.  Quizzle would be great if they only updated more than every 6 months.

If you're concerned about scoring differences, I would get CRs directly from the CRAs and see if any info differs from report to report.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.