cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma Direct Dispute Success! (again!)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Karma Direct Dispute Success! (again!)

In a former thread I was ecstatic about getting a collections account removed via the credit karma dispute process.

This time I am even happier because I managed to get PORTFOLIO RECOVERY deleted which as we all know, portfolio recovery sucks quite a bit. 

On a related note I enrolled my mother through credit karma within the last week and got 2 of her collections accounts removed within 4 days and awaiting the results of the third. 

Since this process has begun experian and equifax has (mostly) followed suit (equifax being the biggest pain of the three) and I am certainly well on my way to clean reports.

I started this process back in April 2015 with a $200 secured card from cap one. I havent graduated to prime cards yet but I do now have two cap one cards, a gm buypower, chase freedom, kohls capone, a secured citi and secured BofA and several store cards. It isnt the most impressive portfolio (see what i did there) but I went from a 510 TU FICO to a 626 in 8 months. And ive only become serious about my rebuild for the last couple months. KEEP WORKING ON IT!

Dream cards are a Discover IT and CSP.

Cannot wait for the 700 club. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Karma Direct Dispute Success! (again!)

Very nice.. .Good job!!

Message 2 of 8
FIRECOURAGE
Frequent Contributor

Awesome! You have that magic touch!

4/01/2019 | Dismissed Chapter 7 BK

2/12/2024 | Equifax: 677 | Experian: 699 | TransUnion: 725
Goal Score: 750 - Across The Board
Message 3 of 8
Unfaithful
Contributor

Grats! I too disputed something through credit karma direct dispute 22 days ago and it's still under investigation. Hope to see results fairly soon.
Message 4 of 8
scorepower
Regular Contributor

I just sent of a PFD to Portfolio services. I might go the credit karma route.Do you mind sharing how you disputed? Was it valid debt? Was it paid? Thanks

1/16/16 Credit Check Total FICO 08 Scores: TU 633, EX 651, EQ 629
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Unfaithful wrote:
Grats! I too disputed something through credit karma direct dispute 22 days ago and it's still under investigation. Hope to see results fairly soon.

Me too. It's still pending investigation. ugggh! 

Looks like you're on a roll OP. Congrats!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My experience is that the closer it gets to the 30 days the more likely it is to be removed so be patient. Or try to be anyway
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is correct, although the accounts I had deleted for my mother all took 2-3 days. My first dispute was gone in 2 days for my credit history. However again I do believe you are correct in saying the closer to 30 days the better in many instances. Now I understand a moderator may frown against me suggesting you dispute a legitmate collections account under the basis you had no knowledge of the account but that is precisely what I did. I selected " I have no knowledge of this account" and it was removed just like that. 

After it was removed from transunion I had decent luck getting experian or equifax to remove the account also but not every time. It just takes patience and it does help if the account listed on your report is greater than 3 or 4 years old.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.