Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma Direct Dispute Success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Karma Direct Dispute Success!

I had a collections account from Pinnacle Credit just over $600 on my transunion report. After reading a couple success stories on here I submitted a dispute for this collections account on December 4th and this morning it was deleted!

My reasons for the dispute were "I had no knowledge of this account"
I am not trying to give anyone false hope I am sure it wont work for everyone but it worked for me as it has several others so give it a try!
Waiting to see how a removed collections account may affect my score. Anyone had score jumps right after a collections was taken off?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Karma Direct Dispute Success!

Congrats. You'd be surprised how often a simple dispute can come back in your favor when the CA has no real proof of your debt. Way to go.

Message 2 of 25
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A dispute on the basis that the consumer asserts they have no knowledge of the account can be dismissed without any investigation as lacking any showing of inaccuracy in their reporting, or alternately can simply be verified without providing any proofs if they have reasonable basis for determining that you have the debt.

it is not usually a productive basis for a dispute. 

If the consumer truly believes that the account is not theirs, the proper procedure is to get the reporting blocked by use of the FCRA identitytheft process.

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had 3 public records / default judgements removed from TransUnion this week alone, 1 more is in the dispute process right now I have a feeling I'll get all 5 of them removed within the next couple weeks.  Everyone was asking me why I don't do it directly with the TU and not through Credit Karma, the reason I'm doing it through CreditKarma is because it's actually working and effortlessly so far.

I've tried this a few times directly through each agencies website and never had anything deleted, through CK I am 3 for 3.

I just wish I could do it through CK w/ EQ and EX.

Ever since doing this the past week I have been able to get 'pre-qualified' offers again when I fill out the forms on Citi, Capital One, etc... last week I would have gotten zero results so I do think it's definitely working in my favor, I've never had any pre-qualify forms return an offer until now.

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Happy That is excellent to hear! I just started my second dispute after reading your post. Hopefully I have the same luck as you!

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a ton of medical collection accounts from my ex-wife and KILLED my scores.  I disputed through annualcreditreport.com and got most of them removed which got me motivated to fix my credit.  A simple dispute can remove itemsif the creditor has no proof of the debt.  I disputed EVERY single negative item on my credit back in 07 and had a few deleted.

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Outstanding!

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. CK has been a godsend with disputes. Every one I've submitted has been deleted
Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I agree. CK has been a godsend with disputes. Every one I've submitted has been deleted

I agree, my TransUnion is looking significantly better than the other two, I'm 4 for 4 so far and will start the final one tomorrow probably.

Message 9 of 25
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

That's awesome! Hoping that I'm successful as well.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.